Jay Z Premieres 'Picasso Baby' Performance-Art Film (Video)
The clip captures the intimate show at NYC's Pace Gallery in July.
On Friday night, Jay Z premiered the performance-art film for his Magna Carta… Holy Grail song, "Picasso Baby" on HBO.
The Mark Romanek-directed, 10-minute video captures Jay Z performing "Picasso Baby" at NYC's Pace Gallery, which took place in July.
The Roc Nation mogul invited spectators to stop through for an intimate show, where he performed the song six straight hours while artists and fans observed and joined him. Cameos include Marina Abramovic, Wale, Judd Apatow, George Condo, Rosie Perez, Taraji P. Henson, Alan Cumming, Magazeen, Michael K. Williams, Fab 5 Freddy and more.
"Concerts are pretty much performance art, but the venues change," he says. "Just by nature the performances change. You're in a smaller venue, it’s a bit more intimate, so you get to feel the energy of the people."
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot In Music
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Sophia Bush Sends Congrats to Pal Aaron Paul For Emmy Win!
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'