Jay Z Premieres 'Picasso Baby' Performance-Art Film (Video)
The clip captures the intimate show at NYC's Pace Gallery in July.
On Friday night, Jay Z premiered the performance-art film for his Magna Carta… Holy Grail song, "Picasso Baby" on HBO.
The Mark Romanek-directed, 10-minute video captures Jay Z performing "Picasso Baby" at NYC's Pace Gallery, which took place in July.
The Roc Nation mogul invited spectators to stop through for an intimate show, where he performed the song six straight hours while artists and fans observed and joined him. Cameos include Marina Abramovic, Wale, Judd Apatow, George Condo, Rosie Perez, Taraji P. Henson, Alan Cumming, Magazeen, Michael K. Williams, Fab 5 Freddy and more.
"Concerts are pretty much performance art, but the venues change," he says. "Just by nature the performances change. You're in a smaller venue, it’s a bit more intimate, so you get to feel the energy of the people."
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum