Jennifer Lopez's 'Follow the Leader' Video Features Massive Tattoos and Product Placement (Video)
The "American Idol" judge shows off some fake ink, hip shakes and corporate sponsors in her new collaboration with reggaeton stars Wisin & Yandel.
The video for the Wisin & Yandel song "Follow the Leader" featuring Jennifer Lopez serves a number of purposes: It allows Lopez to show off her still-impressive body; it works as a parkour-style action piece; it's an opportunity for Lopez to wear a few massive, fake tattoos; is a nice job for the director, who happens to be her boyfriend Casper Smart; and gives a platform to a lot of corporate advertisers.
Set in Mexico, the video features Lopez dancing on a rooftop with the raggaeton stars, shaking her hips and writhing with alluring fervor and seductive purpose; traipsing through the city while being chased by her friends (and crashing through windows and making massive jumps all the while); and bare-skinned, with the word "lidere," Spanish for leader, tattooed to her chest and a giant ink spot on her back.
Through all that, we get clear shots of the logos on a series of products. There is the Blackberry on which she Tweets (double whammy); the Remy Martin poured by a gorgeous woman at the beginning of the adventure; the Under Armour suit that Lopez wears for her jaunt around the city; the Degree deodorant billboard, which is much clearer than any other sign in the plaza; the more obscured but still prominent Pepsi sign (while she drinks Coke on American Idol!); and the Dodge Ram that a few of her pursuers inexplicably hop over a number of times.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Florida Mom Petitions Toys 'R' Us to Remove 'Breaking Bad' Figures From Stores
- 'Sharknado 3' to Ravage the 'Feast Coast' Next Summer
- Jennifer Lawrence Rocks Oscar de la Renta Dress at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration
- Jennifer Garner & Elizabeth Banks Get Recognized at Elle's Women in Hollywood Celebration
- Diane Kruger Talks Aging Gracefully & Embracing It in 'Harper's Bazaar Australia'
- Irina Shayk Displays Killer Abs Before Her Night Out on the Town