Jimmy Iovine to Deliver USC Commencement Address
The music producer and label head will address the class of 2013 students at the university’s May 17 ceremony.
Music industry veteran Jimmy Iovine, chairman of Interscope-Geffen-A&M Records and co-founder of Beats Electronics, will speak at USC’s commencement ceremony May 17. The producer and label head will address more than 13,000 graduating students at the university’s Alumni Park during the ceremony.
Iovine is best known for working with such artists as John Lennon, Bruce Springsteen, Stevie Nicks and Tom Petty and for launching Interscope Records, where such acts as Eminem, No Doubt and Lady Gaga saw career heights. He also serves as a mentor on American Idol and is the figurehead, along with Dr. Dre, of Beats by Dr. Dre products.
The 60-year-old Iovine will serve as the main commencement speaker for undergraduate and graduate students. In addition, 2012 Nobel Prize winner John Gurdon and Oscar-nominated film producer Stacey Sher are among the speakers who will address the individual schools.
In other USC honors, Mad Men executive producer Matthew Weiner will receive the School of Cinematic Arts’ 2013 Mary Pickford Alumni Award.
USC’s commencement will be held May 17 at 9 a.m. Tickets are not required.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot In Music
- Hippie Blues: 45 Years of Led Zeppelin
- Music Turns Me on: A Conversation With the Hot Band Dopapod
- Ira Sachs' New Film "Love is Strange" Screens at the Deauville American Film Festival: Alfred Molina and John Lithgow as a Married Couple in Love
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Contestant Alfonso Ribeiro Proves Carlton Still Got It
- Lupita Nyong'o Visits 'Sesame Street' and It's All Kinds of Adorable (VIDEO)
- What Every '90s Kid Needs to See in the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot
- What's On TV Tonight: 'The Mindy Project' and 'New Girl' Season Premieres, 'Sons of Anarchy,' and More Picks
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kim Coates Says the Final Season Is 'Full Out, Full Throttle, Wiping Everybody Out'