John C. Reilly Brings Country Act to L.A.'s Bootleg Theater
The actor along with folk singers Becky Stark and Tom Brosseau has released several singles via Jack White's Third Man Records label.
Funnyman actor John C. Reilly (Step Brothers, Talladega Nights, Boogie Nights) is no stranger to the microphone, but recently it seems he's focusing as much on singing songs as cracking jokes.
Last November, Reilly released two singles on Jack White's Third Man Records label with Lavender Diamond's Becky Stark and folk singer Tom Brosseau (White handled drums and production for both). Reilly and and Stark covered country classics by Ray Price ("I'll be There") and "I'm Making Plans," originally sung by Dolly Parton and Porter Wagoner, and with Brosseau, Reilly covered the Delmore Brothers' "Gonna Lay Down My Old Guitar" and "Lonesome Yodel Blues #2".
On Tuesday, Feb. 28, Reilly, Stark and Brosseau will take their grand ole jam to the Bootleg Theater in Echo Park, where Reilly is in the midst of a one-man show called Buddha (Reilly is directing the run on weekends until March 4). Unlike most rock shows at the Bootleg Theater in the barroom, John C. Reilly and Friends' musical performance will be in the theater space with standard seating and cabaret style tables and chairs.
Tickets and additional information is available on the Bootleg website.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Florida Mom Petitions Toys 'R' Us to Remove 'Breaking Bad' Figures From Stores
- 'Sharknado 3' to Ravage the 'Feast Coast' Next Summer
- Jennifer Lawrence Rocks Oscar de la Renta Dress at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration
- Jennifer Garner & Elizabeth Banks Get Recognized at Elle's Women in Hollywood Celebration
- Diane Kruger Talks Aging Gracefully & Embracing It in 'Harper's Bazaar Australia'
- Irina Shayk Displays Killer Abs Before Her Night Out on the Town