Mountain Goats Singer Pens a Tune About Justin Bieber and Paparazzi (Video)
Indie folk star John Darnielle offers his take on the recent fight between the Bieb and photographers: "Try not to be an asshole."
Finally, some level-headed perspective on the war between Justin Bieber and those who would take his picture.
The latest skirmish saw the still-teenage pop star lunge at a photographer as he exited the London hospital where he had been sent after collapsing backstage at a concert. Bieber had to be restrained, and the photo that the paparazzo captured of the incident was far more widely circulated than any normal picture would have been. Some say Bieber overreacted; others blame intruding photogs.
John Darnielle, the singer-songwriter behind The Mountain Goats, sees both sides of the coin, and is offering a simple solution in the form of a short, reason-filled melody.
"Now, on the one hand, it's hard to feel sorry for the very rich, you can record an album of Mountain Goats covers and torpedo your career overnight," Darnielle sings. "But on the other hand, even a rich guy needs some space, and should be able to get to his car without people getting all up in his face and getting on his case. You don't have to leave Justin alone ... but don't be an asshole."
There's more where that came from, including some very pertinent political points.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot In Music
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kim Coates Says the Final Season Is 'Full Out, Full Throttle, Wiping Everybody Out'
- Krispy Kreme Celebrates 'Ghostbusters' 30th Anniversary With Limited Edition Doughnuts
- Extended 'Revenge' Season 4 Trailer Proves 'What Goes Around Comes Around' (VIDEO)
- Prepare to Swoon Over Benedict Cumberbatch Dressed as Mr. Darcy (PHOTO)
- Mindy Kaling Reveals She Was Up for Maya Rudolph's 'Bridesmaids' Role: 'It Was a Heartbreaker'
- Jada Pinkett Smith on 'Gotham': 'I Get Paid to Play Evil, That's Awesome!'
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Brings Star Presence to Women in Cable Telecommunications Luncheon
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Are Back in Los Angeles After the Human Rights Campaign Event in Seattle