Mountain Goats Singer Pens a Tune About Justin Bieber and Paparazzi (Video)
Indie folk star John Darnielle offers his take on the recent fight between the Bieb and photographers: "Try not to be an asshole."
Finally, some level-headed perspective on the war between Justin Bieber and those who would take his picture.
The latest skirmish saw the still-teenage pop star lunge at a photographer as he exited the London hospital where he had been sent after collapsing backstage at a concert. Bieber had to be restrained, and the photo that the paparazzo captured of the incident was far more widely circulated than any normal picture would have been. Some say Bieber overreacted; others blame intruding photogs.
John Darnielle, the singer-songwriter behind The Mountain Goats, sees both sides of the coin, and is offering a simple solution in the form of a short, reason-filled melody.
"Now, on the one hand, it's hard to feel sorry for the very rich, you can record an album of Mountain Goats covers and torpedo your career overnight," Darnielle sings. "But on the other hand, even a rich guy needs some space, and should be able to get to his car without people getting all up in his face and getting on his case. You don't have to leave Justin alone ... but don't be an asshole."
There's more where that came from, including some very pertinent political points.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- To Hell with Bill Cosby? Disney already did that with The Devil and Max Devlin
- With INFINITY, Raquel Pomplun and L. Philippe Casseus Team Up to Launch an Epic New Series
- The Film 'Heartland' Tells the Story of Coming of Age and Coming Out in Oklahoma
- Glenn Beck: AP 'Raped' Bill Cosby By Releasing Interview Segment Addressing Rape Allegations
- Donald Sutherland Says 'Mockingjay' Costar Jennifer Lawrence Is Like Jesus
- Weekend Movies & TV: 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay,' 'The Theory of Everything,' 'Lilyhammer,' & More (VIDEO)
- Jon Hamm, Rashida Jones, Rob Lowe Will Return to 'Parks and Recreation' for Final Season
- Mike Nichols Movies: 18 Essential Films You Should Watch Right Now