John Mayer Debuts 'Shadow Days' Music Video
The singer-songwriter tours America in the clip from his new album, "Born and Raised."
After falling off the Hollywood grid, so to speak, John Mayer went on a soul-searching road trip through the "real" America. At least in the music video for his latest single, "Shadow Days."
The singer-songwriter, whose PR stunts and high-profile girlfriends (Jennifer Aniston, Jessica Simpson) frequently eclipsed his music, took a self-imposed sojourn from the public eye to work on his upcoming album, Born and Raised.
In the clip for "Shadow Days," a moody track wherein Mayer croons about being a good man who lost his way, the recovering media provocateur skips across Arizona, Idaho and other frontier states. The postcard-pretty scenery, and Mayer's shaggy, shoulder-length looks, have an Almost Famous quality, as if crafted by nostalgia enthusiast Cameron Crowe.
Born and Raised is Mayer’s first album since 2009’s Battle Studies, which notched the No. 1 spot on the Billboard 200 and earned him three Grammy nominations. The new record will be released May 22; last month, Mayer canceled his upcoming U.S. tour to undergo throat surgery.
Watch the "Shadow Days" video below.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- To Hell with Bill Cosby? Disney already did that with The Devil and Max Devlin
- With INFINITY, Raquel Pomplun and L. Philippe Casseus Team Up to Launch an Epic New Series
- The Film 'Heartland' Tells the Story of Coming of Age and Coming Out in Oklahoma
- Glenn Beck: AP 'Raped' Bill Cosby By Releasing Interview Segment Addressing Rape Allegations
- Donald Sutherland Says 'Mockingjay' Costar Jennifer Lawrence Is Like Jesus
- Weekend Movies & TV: 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay,' 'The Theory of Everything,' 'Lilyhammer,' & More (VIDEO)
- Jon Hamm, Rashida Jones, Rob Lowe Will Return to 'Parks and Recreation' for Final Season
- Mike Nichols Movies: 18 Essential Films You Should Watch Right Now