John Mayer Debuts 'Shadow Days' Music Video
The singer-songwriter tours America in the clip from his new album, "Born and Raised."
After falling off the Hollywood grid, so to speak, John Mayer went on a soul-searching road trip through the "real" America. At least in the music video for his latest single, "Shadow Days."
The singer-songwriter, whose PR stunts and high-profile girlfriends (Jennifer Aniston, Jessica Simpson) frequently eclipsed his music, took a self-imposed sojourn from the public eye to work on his upcoming album, Born and Raised.
In the clip for "Shadow Days," a moody track wherein Mayer croons about being a good man who lost his way, the recovering media provocateur skips across Arizona, Idaho and other frontier states. The postcard-pretty scenery, and Mayer's shaggy, shoulder-length looks, have an Almost Famous quality, as if crafted by nostalgia enthusiast Cameron Crowe.
Born and Raised is Mayer’s first album since 2009’s Battle Studies, which notched the No. 1 spot on the Billboard 200 and earned him three Grammy nominations. The new record will be released May 22; last month, Mayer canceled his upcoming U.S. tour to undergo throat surgery.
Watch the "Shadow Days" video below.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Robert Downey Jr. Tweets First Photo From 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Set
- Hot Docs 2014: 'The Internet's Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz' Review
- David Foster Wallace's Family Doesn't Support the Jason Segel-Starring Biopic 'End of the Tour'
- George Lucas 'Is a Consultant' on 'Star Wars: Episode VII,' Says Disney Chief