Jon Bon Jovi's Daughter Arrested After Heroin Overdose
UPDATED: Stephanie Bongiovi, 19, was unresponsive when paramedics arrived at the scene.
Jon Bon Jovi's 19-year-old daughter is recovering in an upstate New York hospital and facing drug charges after overdosing on heroin in her college dorm.
[UPDATE: Charges have been dropped.]
Stephanie Bongiovi was unresponsive when ambulance workers responded early Wednesday morning to reports of "a female who had allegedly overdosed on heroin" at Hamilton College in Clinton, N.Y., according to a report from the Town of Kirkland Police Department.
Police arrived shortly after and found a small amount of the drug. They then arrested Ian Grant, 21, who was with Bongiovi at the scene.
A search warrant later was obtained by the Oneida County Drug Task Force, and a subsequent search of the premises turned up "a quantity of heroin, marijuana and other drug paraphernalia."
Bongiovi was then arrested and charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and fourth-degree possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. All are prosecuted as class A misdemeanors.
Bon Jovi, 50, has two new songs on the soundtrack for the upcoming Al Pacino and Christopher Walken movie Stand-Up Guys. He is scheduled to perform at a Hamilton College concert benefit in Times Square on Dec. 5.
The college is one of an exclusive group of liberal arts schools informally referred to as the "Little Ivies."
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot In Music
- Music and Sweets: A Perfect Combo for a Late Night Bakery
- A Labor Day Documentary: 'Brothers on the Line' Tells the Story of the Reuther Brothers -- Founding Fathers of the American Middle Class
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leak Online, Other Celebs Targeted
- Todd English Arrested, Charged With DWI
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Fly Out of Venice After Attending Film Festival Together
- Jenny McCarthy's Wedding Dress Revealed! See Photos of Her & Donnie Wahlberg At Their Wedding
- Lance Bass Proposes to Fiance Michael Turchin For a Second Time - See His New Ring!
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Are Married!