Jon Bon Jovi's Daughter Arrested After Heroin Overdose
UPDATED: Stephanie Bongiovi, 19, was unresponsive when paramedics arrived at the scene.
Jon Bon Jovi's 19-year-old daughter is recovering in an upstate New York hospital and facing drug charges after overdosing on heroin in her college dorm.
[UPDATE: Charges have been dropped.]
Stephanie Bongiovi was unresponsive when ambulance workers responded early Wednesday morning to reports of "a female who had allegedly overdosed on heroin" at Hamilton College in Clinton, N.Y., according to a report from the Town of Kirkland Police Department.
Police arrived shortly after and found a small amount of the drug. They then arrested Ian Grant, 21, who was with Bongiovi at the scene.
A search warrant later was obtained by the Oneida County Drug Task Force, and a subsequent search of the premises turned up "a quantity of heroin, marijuana and other drug paraphernalia."
Bongiovi was then arrested and charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and fourth-degree possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. All are prosecuted as class A misdemeanors.
Bon Jovi, 50, has two new songs on the soundtrack for the upcoming Al Pacino and Christopher Walken movie Stand-Up Guys. He is scheduled to perform at a Hamilton College concert benefit in Times Square on Dec. 5.
The college is one of an exclusive group of liberal arts schools informally referred to as the "Little Ivies."
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Charli XCX's Sultry Backstreet Boys Cover Is The Ultimate #TBT
- Frankly, My Dear, I Don't Give A Straw: 'Gone With The Wind's' Secret Curse History - Pop Culture - TODAY.com
- ‘Serial' Fans Are Buzzing About Podcast Finale
- Brooke Shields: Hollywood Wasn't My Undoing, Loving My Alcoholic Mother Was - Pop Culture - TODAY.com
- Bill Murray Will Sing 'Bare Necessities' in 'Jungle Book' Reboot!
- 'Team America: World Police' Showings Cancelled By Paramount After Sony Hack Threats
- Kim Kardashian Has Not Yet Commented About the Man Who Spent a Shocking Amount to Look Just Like Her
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shows Some Love for Her Daughter Willow's Friend