Jordin Sparks, Jason Derulo on Upcoming Albums and Collaborations (Video)
The pair tells THR that they’ve already recorded “a couple” of songs and are in the process of deciding who gets what on their upcoming records.
Arguably among the music industry’s cutest couples, Jordin Sparks and Jason Derulo hit the American Music Awards red carpet on Sunday with no shortage of public displays of affection. But between their words of encouragement and pet names, there could be a professional battle brewing.
“We might be competing on the charts,” Sparks told The Hollywood Reporter of the duo’s respective albums, both due out in early 2013. “So we’ll see how that goes.”
Or maybe not, as Sparks was quick to concede, “You’re gonna win, babe. Don’t worry,” while Derulo promises to buy “a million of her albums” in the first week.
And while each artist is putting the finishing touches on their releases, the third for both, there still is one big decision to be made: Who gets which duet?
“We’ve recorded a couple of songs [together], and right now we’re just trying to figure out who gets which one on what album,” said Sparks.
Noted Derulo, who was on hand to perform on the AMAs preshow, “If it goes anything like deciding what I was gonna wear today, then it’ll probably be her deciding.”
For more from the couple, watch the video above.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@thr.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
Fall TV Preview
What's Hot In Music
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Gerard Butler Makes Hugo Boss Look So Good at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Mindy Kaling to 'Flare': If I Want 3 Kids, I Need to Get Going (Exclusive Pic!)
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Honored Her Mom Marcheline at Their Intimate Wedding