Jordin Sparks, Jason Derulo on Upcoming Albums and Collaborations (Video)
The pair tells THR that they’ve already recorded “a couple” of songs and are in the process of deciding who gets what on their upcoming records.
Arguably among the music industry’s cutest couples, Jordin Sparks and Jason Derulo hit the American Music Awards red carpet on Sunday with no shortage of public displays of affection. But between their words of encouragement and pet names, there could be a professional battle brewing.
“We might be competing on the charts,” Sparks told The Hollywood Reporter of the duo’s respective albums, both due out in early 2013. “So we’ll see how that goes.”
Or maybe not, as Sparks was quick to concede, “You’re gonna win, babe. Don’t worry,” while Derulo promises to buy “a million of her albums” in the first week.
And while each artist is putting the finishing touches on their releases, the third for both, there still is one big decision to be made: Who gets which duet?
“We’ve recorded a couple of songs [together], and right now we’re just trying to figure out who gets which one on what album,” said Sparks.
Noted Derulo, who was on hand to perform on the AMAs preshow, “If it goes anything like deciding what I was gonna wear today, then it’ll probably be her deciding.”
For more from the couple, watch the video above.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@thr.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
What's Hot In Music
- The 9 Best 'Sharknado' GIFs Ever
- Best of Late Night TV: Daniel Radcliffe Cuts a Stranger's Hair, Vin Diesel Gives Language Lessons (VIDEO)
- New DVD Blu-ray: 'Noah,' 'The Other Woman,' 'Twin Peaks'
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants To Guest Star on 'Big Bang Theory' and 'Game of Thrones' and We Hope His Dreams Come True
- Jessica Alba Puts Her Unbelievable Bikini Body on Display for 'Maxim' September 2014
- Khloe Kardashian Also Throws Shade at Adrienne Bailon: 'Don't Kick My Brother When He's Down'
- Doutzen Kroes & Husband Sunnery James Welcome Baby Girl Myllena Mae - See the First Family Photo!
- Drew Barrymore Releases Statement After Half-Sister Jessica's Sudden Passing at 47