Jordin Sparks, Jason Derulo on Upcoming Albums and Collaborations (Video)
The pair tells THR that they’ve already recorded “a couple” of songs and are in the process of deciding who gets what on their upcoming records.
Arguably among the music industry’s cutest couples, Jordin Sparks and Jason Derulo hit the American Music Awards red carpet on Sunday with no shortage of public displays of affection. But between their words of encouragement and pet names, there could be a professional battle brewing.
“We might be competing on the charts,” Sparks told The Hollywood Reporter of the duo’s respective albums, both due out in early 2013. “So we’ll see how that goes.”
Or maybe not, as Sparks was quick to concede, “You’re gonna win, babe. Don’t worry,” while Derulo promises to buy “a million of her albums” in the first week.
And while each artist is putting the finishing touches on their releases, the third for both, there still is one big decision to be made: Who gets which duet?
“We’ve recorded a couple of songs [together], and right now we’re just trying to figure out who gets which one on what album,” said Sparks.
Noted Derulo, who was on hand to perform on the AMAs preshow, “If it goes anything like deciding what I was gonna wear today, then it’ll probably be her deciding.”
For more from the couple, watch the video above.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@thr.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot In Music
- Report: Joan Rivers Doctor Took Selfie During Unapproved Biopsy
- Music Turns Me on: A Conversation With the Hot Band Dopapod
- Ira Sachs' New Film "Love is Strange" Screens at the Deauville American Film Festival: Alfred Molina and John Lithgow as a Married Couple in Love
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Contestant Alfonso Ribeiro Proves Carlton Still Got It
- Lupita Nyong'o Visits 'Sesame Street' and It's All Kinds of Adorable (VIDEO)
- What Every '90s Kid Needs to See in the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot
- What's On TV Tonight: 'The Mindy Project' and 'New Girl' Season Premieres, 'Sons of Anarchy,' and More Picks
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kim Coates Says the Final Season Is 'Full Out, Full Throttle, Wiping Everybody Out'