Jordin Sparks, Jason Derulo on Upcoming Albums and Collaborations (Video)
The pair tells THR that they’ve already recorded “a couple” of songs and are in the process of deciding who gets what on their upcoming records.
Arguably among the music industry’s cutest couples, Jordin Sparks and Jason Derulo hit the American Music Awards red carpet on Sunday with no shortage of public displays of affection. But between their words of encouragement and pet names, there could be a professional battle brewing.
“We might be competing on the charts,” Sparks told The Hollywood Reporter of the duo’s respective albums, both due out in early 2013. “So we’ll see how that goes.”
Or maybe not, as Sparks was quick to concede, “You’re gonna win, babe. Don’t worry,” while Derulo promises to buy “a million of her albums” in the first week.
And while each artist is putting the finishing touches on their releases, the third for both, there still is one big decision to be made: Who gets which duet?
“We’ve recorded a couple of songs [together], and right now we’re just trying to figure out who gets which one on what album,” said Sparks.
Noted Derulo, who was on hand to perform on the AMAs preshow, “If it goes anything like deciding what I was gonna wear today, then it’ll probably be her deciding.”
For more from the couple, watch the video above.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@thr.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Chris Pine on 'Into the Woods,' 'Star Trek 3,' and His 'Jack Ryan' Regret (EXCLUSIVE)
- Mike Colter to Play Luke Cage for Marvel Netflix Series 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- J.K. Rowling Doesn't Understand the Love for Draco Malfoy
- May the Wax Be Ever in Your Favor: Katniss Everdeen Gets Madame Tussauds Treatment
- Lea Michele Holds Hands with Her Boyfriend Matthew Paetz In These Cute New Photos!
- Hailee Steinfeld Parties It Up for Her 18th Birthday Surrounded By Her Celebrity Friends - See the Pics!
- Gwyneth Paltrow Celebrated Hanukkah at the White House!
- Miguel Surprises Fans with Three New Songs (JJ Music Monday)