Joss Stone Murder Plot Trial Begins
Prosecutors claim the two defendants, Junior Bradshaw and Kevin Liverpool, planned to decapitate the British soul singer before dumping her in a river.
LONDON -- Opening arguments in the celebrity stalking case of Joss Stone have revealed disturbing details about an alleged plot to murder the soul singer.
According to prosecutors, the two suspects, Junior Bradshaw, 32, and Kevin Liverpool, 35, armed themselves with a samurai sword, knives, a hammer, black bags and gloves, then set out from their homes in Manchester, U.K., for Stone's home in Devon, according to the Associated Press.
Handwritten notes found on the men said they planned to "decapitate" the singer. Another note read, "Jocelyn RIP," and a third read, "Once Jocelyn's dead...find a river to dump her."
A motive wasn't clear, but prosecutors suggest Stone was targeted for her wealth, and point out that the notes criticized her for being invited to the 2011 Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
The defendants maintain their innocence.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Reese Witherspoon Loves Mindy Kaling's 'Wreath Witherspoon' Creation
- Ansel Elgort Responds To Rumors He's Gay: ‘I Like Girls, A Lot'
- Reading, PA's 'Ugly' Charlie Brown-Themed Christmas Tree Has More Holiday Spirit Than Most
- Aaron Sorkin, Judd Apatow Call 'The Interview' Decision An Attack On Free Speech
- 'Serial' Season One Finale Episode is Here - Listen Now & Find Out How it Ends!
- Scott Disick Goes Go Kart Racing After His Third Child's Birth
- James Franco Gets His Mind Off 'The Interview' with Lady Gaga's Help!
- Liam Neeson Brings 'Taken 3' to Berlin with Forest Whitaker for Premiere & Press Conference!