Joss Stone Murder Plot Trial Begins
Prosecutors claim the two defendants, Junior Bradshaw and Kevin Liverpool, planned to decapitate the British soul singer before dumping her in a river.
LONDON -- Opening arguments in the celebrity stalking case of Joss Stone have revealed disturbing details about an alleged plot to murder the soul singer.
According to prosecutors, the two suspects, Junior Bradshaw, 32, and Kevin Liverpool, 35, armed themselves with a samurai sword, knives, a hammer, black bags and gloves, then set out from their homes in Manchester, U.K., for Stone's home in Devon, according to the Associated Press.
Handwritten notes found on the men said they planned to "decapitate" the singer. Another note read, "Jocelyn RIP," and a third read, "Once Jocelyn's dead...find a river to dump her."
A motive wasn't clear, but prosecutors suggest Stone was targeted for her wealth, and point out that the notes criticized her for being invited to the 2011 Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
The defendants maintain their innocence.
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot In Music
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'