Justin Bieber at Anne Frank House: 'Hopefully She Would Have Been a Belieber'
The pop singer is criticized for a note he wrote in the guestbook at the Amsterdam museum.
Justin Bieber's European tour hit its latest publicity snag.
The Anne Frank House, an Amsterdam museum dedicated to preserving the memory of the girl and family who hid from Nazi persecution during World War II, posted news on its official Facebook page that the pop star recently had visited.
Along with news of the Believe artist's visit, the museum relayed what Bieber wrote in the guestbook: "Truly inspiring to be able to come here. Anne was a great girl. Hopefully she would have been a belieber."
A BBC correspondent based in the Netherlands confirmed with the Amsterdam Museum that the visit and note were real.
Bieber is scheduled to play three tour dates in Oslo, Norway, this week before playing at Parken Stadium in Copenhagen, Denmark, on Saturday, April 20.
Sundance: On the Scene
What's Hot In Music
- TV Review: For the Love of God, Watch The Americans Tonight
- Sundance Review: Cobie Smulders, Guy Pearce, and Kevin Corrigan Reinvent the Rom-Com in Andrew Bujalski’s Results
- Watch the Trailer for Amira & Sam, Featuring Paul Wesley in a Very Different Role
- 3-Sentence Reviews: White Columns, Philip Taaffe, and More
- Behati Prinsloo Marries a Lookalike Adam Levine in Tommy Hilfiger's Latest Campaign
- You Could Dine with Aaron Paul, Nina Dobrev, & More in Support of the Kind Campaign!
- Katy Perry's Super Bowl 2015 Halftime Show Will Be Epic - More Details Revealed!
- Chelsea Handler Shares a Topless Photo with Star of David Nipple Pasties