Justin Bieber at Anne Frank House: 'Hopefully She Would Have Been a Belieber'
The pop singer is criticized for a note he wrote in the guestbook at the Amsterdam museum.
Justin Bieber's European tour hit its latest publicity snag.
The Anne Frank House, an Amsterdam museum dedicated to preserving the memory of the girl and family who hid from Nazi persecution during World War II, posted news on its official Facebook page that the pop star recently had visited.
Along with news of the Believe artist's visit, the museum relayed what Bieber wrote in the guestbook: "Truly inspiring to be able to come here. Anne was a great girl. Hopefully she would have been a belieber."
A BBC correspondent based in the Netherlands confirmed with the Amsterdam Museum that the visit and note were real.
Bieber is scheduled to play three tour dates in Oslo, Norway, this week before playing at Parken Stadium in Copenhagen, Denmark, on Saturday, April 20.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Don't Rule Out a 'Sons of Anarchy' Prequel
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay Are Making Your 'Manimal' Movie Dreams Come True
- We Can't Stop Looking at These Snazzy 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Living Portraits
- Matt Lauer Made Rachel McAdams Watch Her 'The Notebook' Audition Tape and It Was Kinda Awkward (VIDEO)
- Benedict Cumberbatch & Keira Knightley Dance in 'Imitation Game' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Michelle Dockery's 'Downton Abbey' Returns on January 4 For Fifth Season!
- Dwayne Johnson Wears Wig For Funny Fitness Skit on 'Tonight Show' - Watch Now!
- Kate Hudson Can't Stop Giggling During Box of Lies Game - Watch Now!