Justin Bieber Debuts New Dubstep-Heavy Track 'As Long As You Love Me' (Audio)
The pop star’s latest track features a verse from G.O.O.D. rapper Big Sean.
Justin Bieber continues to showcase his evolving musical style with each new track, debuting the dubstep-heavy “As Long As You Love Me” on Monday.
“As Long As You Love Me” is the latest song to be released off his upcoming Believe, due out on June 19. The track features a verse from “Dance (A$$)” rapper Big Sean, who is signed to Kanye West’s G.O.O.D. label, and tells listeners that true love can defy all circumstances.
“As long as you love me/ We could be starving/ We could be homeless/ We could be broke,” Bieber croons. “As long as you love me/ I’ll be your platinum, I’ll be your silver, I’ll be your gold.”
At the time of publication, Bieber’s track was sitting pretty at No. 5 on the iTunes top singles chart, while his earlier-released single “Boyfriend” held steady at No. 9. Ironically, Bieber’s protégé Carly Rae Jepsen continued to hold court at the top of the chart.
Though his loyal Beliebers may not realize it, Bieber is not the first artist to release a song with that title. Back in 1997, the Backstreet Boys released the pop anthem “As Long As You Love Me,” which became a staple on MTV’s daily video countdown – Total Request Live.
Lest we forget – the band took to their official Twitter account on Monday to remind followers that they were first. “I don’t care who you are, where you’re from, what you did #AsLongAsYouLoveMe,” they wrote.
Bieber drew parallels to another boy band earlier this year when he released his music video for “Boyfriend,” which appeared eerily similar to *NSYNC’s 2002 hit video “Girlfriend.”
Listen to Bieber’s latest offering below.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'