Justin Bieber: Black Keys' Patrick Carney 'Should Be Slapped Around'
The teen idol summons his Twitter followers to pounce on the drummer after he sounds off to TMZ.
This Justin Bieber-Patrick Carney feud is really getting out of hand.
The 18-year-old singer tweeted Tuesday that "the black keys drummer should be slapped around haha" after Carney, said Black Keys drummer, took the TMZ bait when asked whether Bieber was unfairly snubbed by the Grammy Awards, which didn't nominate him this year. (The Black Keys, however, won Best Rock Album for El Camino as well as Best Rock Song and Best Rock Performance for "Lonely Boy.")
"He's rich, right?" Carney said. "Grammys are for music, not for money ... and he's making a lot of money. He should be happy."
Bieber was not amused. His "slapped around" tweet drew more than 47,000 retweets including one from Carney, who posted the teen idol's message -- a call to arms for his 34 million followers, rather -- and added a frown-face emoticon.
Carney has since responded to a series of insults from Bieber fans who are launching social media grenades such as "you're ugly" and "hey old scary grandpa, FYI you are a bad drummer." Writing to one furious Belieber, he quipped: "I will and so will you one day. it's kinda scary to think about isn't it? RT @GomezIsShining: @patrickcarney just die.. DIE."
Bieber, who just released his new single "You Want Me," certainly knows how to summon an army of cyberbullies.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Cultural Appropriation FAQs, Featuring Vanessa Hudgens And The Return Of The Celebrity Bindi
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday' Music Video Ruins All Birthday Parties
- Betty White Tells Larry King She Doesn't Understand Homophobes
- Annecy attendees will be the first to feast their eyes on "Feast," Walt Disney Animation Studios' newest short
- 'The Quiet Ones' Review: 10 Things You Should Know About the Spooky Shocker
- This Is What 'Forrest Gump' Would Look Like If Wes Anderson Directed It (VIDEO)
- Lupita Nyong'o & Scarlett Johansson Lend Their Voices to 'The Jungle Book'
- The Third 'Hobbit' Movie Has a New Subtitle: 'The Battle of the Five Armies'