Justin Bieber Cited for 'Reckless Driving' by California Highway Patrol
Police say the "Boyfriend" singer was swerving in and out of traffic in his $100,000 Fisker Karma hybrid sports car.
If you're going to drive something that looks like a cross between a spaceship and a foil-wrapped baked potato, you might want to be a little more careful about not breaking any laws.
Yet such concerns appear not to have occurred to 18-year-old singing sensation Justin Bieber, who was stopped at 11:30 a.m. Friday by California Highway Patrol in his chrome Fisker Karma sports car, after weaving in and out of traffic along the 101 Freeway in Los Angeles at speeds above the posted limit.
The car is a hybrid from Anaheim, Calif.-based Fisker Automotive that costs more than $100,000.
Pulled over at the Vineland Avenue and Ventura Boulevard exit, the "Boyfriend" singer was cited for driving in a "reckless manner at speeds in excess of 65 mph" the Los Angeles Times quotes CHP Officer Ming Hsu as saying.
TMZ quotes a witness who says Bieber had exceeded 100 mph on the 101 as he fled a caravan of paparazzi -- four of whom swarmed his car after he was pulled over.
This isn't the pop star's first brush with highway patrol: He's been stopped three times in his other ride, a Cadillac CTS-V modified to look like a street-legal Batmobile, for making an "unsafe turn," cutting off an officer and, in Miami's South Beach, for looking "too young to be behind the wheel of a high-priced vehicle."
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Don't Rule Out a 'Sons of Anarchy' Prequel
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay Are Making Your 'Manimal' Movie Dreams Come True
- We Can't Stop Looking at These Snazzy 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Living Portraits
- Matt Lauer Made Rachel McAdams Watch Her 'The Notebook' Audition Tape and It Was Kinda Awkward (VIDEO)