Justin Bieber Covers Justin Timberlake's 'Cry Me a River' (Video)
One week after news broke of his split from longtime girlfriend Selena Gomez, the Biebs belted out the signature breakup song at a Boston tour stop.
Days after if was confirmed that he and Selena Gomez had broken up, Justin Bieber took to the stage at Boston's TD Garden arena on Saturday and performed one of the greatest kiss-off songs in a generation, Justin Timberlake's "Cry Me a River."
Armed with acoustic six-strings, Bieber and guitarist Dan Kanter sat down for a passionate rendition of the 2002 classic, which was famously inspired by Timberlake's split with Britney Spears.
Gomez and Bieber broke up a week ago, according to E! News. "Because of their crazy schedules, it was getting harder and harder to maintain a relationship," a source revealed. Another insider confirmed the breakup with the AP.
As Beliebers know, the 18-year-old star has a long relationship with the song. A version uploaded to YouTube in 2008 has been watched more than 20 million times and Bieber mashed the track with Kanye West's "Heartless" for Billboard a year later.
Sundance: On the Scene
What's Hot In Music
- Best of Late Night TV: John Oliver's Self-Tasering and Conan O'Brien's Superbowl 'Clueless Gamer' (VIDEO)
- Watch Live! 'Black or White' Star Kevin Costner's One-on-One With Mr. Moviefone
- 'Still Alice' Review: Julianne Moore Anchors Intense Alzheimer's Film
- 'Terminator: Genisys' Super Bowl Trailer Features Arnold & Action Galore (VIDEO)
- Nick Jonas Has a Long Day in Paris While His Brothers Take on the States
- John Krasinski Shows Off His Full Beard After Working Out
- This Supercut of Jimmy Fallon's Favorite 'Ew!' Moments is Hilarious - Watch Here!
- Kim & Khloe Kardashian Sing Their Hearts Out at Sam Smith Concert with Kendall Jenner & Cara Delevingne