Justin Bieber Covers Justin Timberlake's 'Cry Me a River' (Video)
One week after news broke of his split from longtime girlfriend Selena Gomez, the Biebs belted out the signature breakup song at a Boston tour stop.
Days after if was confirmed that he and Selena Gomez had broken up, Justin Bieber took to the stage at Boston's TD Garden arena on Saturday and performed one of the greatest kiss-off songs in a generation, Justin Timberlake's "Cry Me a River."
Armed with acoustic six-strings, Bieber and guitarist Dan Kanter sat down for a passionate rendition of the 2002 classic, which was famously inspired by Timberlake's split with Britney Spears.
Gomez and Bieber broke up a week ago, according to E! News. "Because of their crazy schedules, it was getting harder and harder to maintain a relationship," a source revealed. Another insider confirmed the breakup with the AP.
As Beliebers know, the 18-year-old star has a long relationship with the song. A version uploaded to YouTube in 2008 has been watched more than 20 million times and Bieber mashed the track with Kanye West's "Heartless" for Billboard a year later.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Jon Stewart Gives 'Schoolhouse Rock' A Modern Makeover On 'The Daily Show'
- Jimmy Kimmel Named 'Most Dangerous Celebrity' To Search For Online
- Theater: "You Can't" Can't But James Earl Jones Surely Can
- "Cruisin'" with Jesse J & Smokey Robinson, Plus Chatting with Kandace Springs, Steve Arrington and AJ Croce
- Miles Teller Says the 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Is 'Different in Every Way' From Original
- 11 Essential 'Gilmore Girls' Episodes You Should Definitely Watch On Netflix (VIDEO)
- 'Tetris' Will Become a Movie for Some Reason
- Mindy Kaling Dancing with Elmo on 'Sesame Street' Is the Cutest Thing You'll Watch Today (VIDEO)