Justin Bieber Euro Crisis Update: On the Defense, He Slams Lindsay Lohan
The singer responds to comparisons to the troubled actress with the dig, "Look at her 2012 tax statements."
Justin Bieber has posted a message on Instagram addressing his European Crisis of 2013, and it's chock-full of defensive statements including a dig against Lindsay Lohan that he's since removed from an initial version.
After landing in London this month, the Canadian teen experienced a domino effect of setbacks that raised eyebrows in the media and beyond: He prowled the streets shirtless, pitching a fit when 14-year-old Jaden Smith wasn't allowed into a club; started an O2 arena concert two hours late, blaming technical issues; and fainted at another concert and lunged at the paparazzi after leaving the hospital. Then he canceled a show in Portugal reportedly due to poor ticket sales. It goes on and on.
"Everyone in my team has been telling me, 'keep the press happy,' but I'm tired of all the countless lies in the press right now," he says in his Instagram missive. "Saying I'm going to rehab and how my family is disappointed in me. … if Anyone believes i need rehab thats their own stupidity lol I'm 19 with 5 number one albums, 19 and I've seen the whole world. 19 and I've accomplished more than I could've ever dreamed of, i'm 19 and it must be scary to some people to think that this is just the beginning."
He continues: "I know my talent level and i know i got my head on straight. ... I'm a good person with a big heart. And don't think I deserve all this negative press I've worked my ass off to get where I am and my hard work doesn't stop here."
Although Bieber signs off with an "I love u" to his fans, he initially included a kicker aimed at Lohan, writing: "And to those comparing me to Lindsey Lohan look at her 2012 tax statements ;)."
Justin Bieber: tax expert!
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- New York Mag Goes Bi-weekly! Texas Women and Guns -- Nora Ephron's last -- a Great Christmas Gift -- Bring Back the Automat!
- Martin Scorsese Speaks Frankly to Film Students in Marrakech: "Always Protect That Spark"
- The Pixies Enlist Paz Lenchantin For Tour, Debut 'Another Toe In The Ocean'
- Demi Lovato Admits She Had A Hard Time Writing Her Book
- Weekend Box Office: 'Frozen' Ices Out 'Catching Fire' With $31.6M in Second Week
- Another Very NSFW 'Nymphomaniac' Clip: Jamie Bell Is in the Giving Spirit (VIDEO)
- 'In Secret' Trailer: Oscar Isaac and Elizabeth Olsen Are Killer Lovers (VIDEO)
- 'Star Wars' Fans, Start Saving: Han Solo Gun to Go Up for Auction