Justin Bieber Euro Crisis Update: On the Defense, He Slams Lindsay Lohan
The singer responds to comparisons to the troubled actress with the dig, "Look at her 2012 tax statements."
Justin Bieber has posted a message on Instagram addressing his European Crisis of 2013, and it's chock-full of defensive statements including a dig against Lindsay Lohan that he's since removed from an initial version.
After landing in London this month, the Canadian teen experienced a domino effect of setbacks that raised eyebrows in the media and beyond: He prowled the streets shirtless, pitching a fit when 14-year-old Jaden Smith wasn't allowed into a club; started an O2 arena concert two hours late, blaming technical issues; and fainted at another concert and lunged at the paparazzi after leaving the hospital. Then he canceled a show in Portugal reportedly due to poor ticket sales. It goes on and on.
"Everyone in my team has been telling me, 'keep the press happy,' but I'm tired of all the countless lies in the press right now," he says in his Instagram missive. "Saying I'm going to rehab and how my family is disappointed in me. … if Anyone believes i need rehab thats their own stupidity lol I'm 19 with 5 number one albums, 19 and I've seen the whole world. 19 and I've accomplished more than I could've ever dreamed of, i'm 19 and it must be scary to some people to think that this is just the beginning."
He continues: "I know my talent level and i know i got my head on straight. ... I'm a good person with a big heart. And don't think I deserve all this negative press I've worked my ass off to get where I am and my hard work doesn't stop here."
Although Bieber signs off with an "I love u" to his fans, he initially included a kicker aimed at Lohan, writing: "And to those comparing me to Lindsey Lohan look at her 2012 tax statements ;)."
Justin Bieber: tax expert!
What's Hot In Music
- Hulu's April Fools' Gag 'Hulu Pets' Is A Pretty Convincing Streaming Service
- Watch Taylor Swift And Camila Cabello Totally Fangirl After Hearing Fifth Harmony On The Radio
- 'Black Girls Are Magic': Latest Episode Of 'Being Mary Jane' Powerfully Explores Race And Beauty With Real-Life Activists
- Scott Eastwood On His Gay Fans, Same-Sex Marriage And Whether Or Not A Gay Role Is In His Future
- Zayn Malik Struggled the Most With One Direction Tour Demands, 'This Is Us' Director Says
- Kim Kardashian is Told She May Not Be Able to Have More Kids in New 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' Clips (Video)
- Zoe Saldana Wants Twins Cy & Bowie to Be Super Stylish!
- Shia LaBeouf Explains Why It's Insane Being an Actor