Justin Bieber to Release Temporary Digital Music Collection 'Journals'
The 18-day iTunes release includes five never-before-heard songs -- a teaser ahead of his newly announced 2014 studio album, after an overdue vacation.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Last week, Billboard tweeted that Justin Bieber was set to close out his Music Mondays promotion -- releasing one new song a week on iTunes for 10 weeks -- with the Dec. 9 release of his latest, a collaboration with Chance the Rapper called "Confident."
"Who is closing out?" tweeted Bieber in reply.
Billboard has now learned that there's indeed more news -- a lot of it -- coming from Camp Bieber.
Bieber will be creating a temporary collection of all his Music Monday tracks called Journals, which will also include a couple of videos and the trailer for the Believe theatrical release.
Journals will be available only on iTunes beginning Dec. 16 and ending Jan. 2, 2014.
Journals will also contain five previously unreleased songs. One features production work by Diplo and a guest spot from Big Sean while another features Lil Wayne. A third previously unreleased song sports a Future guest spot. (See the track list for the collection, below).
The Journals collection will be priced at $13.99 for the time it is available, with iTunes employing a "complete my Journal" function akin to "complete my album" for those who have already purchased Music Monday tracks. The songs will continue to be sold on a per-track basis on iTunes after Jan. 2.
When Bieber returns stateside from his just-wrapped tour -- the last date was Dec. 8 in Australia -- he'll work on a video for "Confident," which he plans to release at the top of 2014. And one last holiday present for the true Beliebers: Billboard has learned that when he releases the "Confident" video, he'll also be announcing plans to release his next album during the fourth quarter of 2014. Bieber will take his first vacation of longer than two weeks since he was 12 years old and spend plenty of time in the studio focusing on his next proper full-length.
Bieber’s movie Believe will open in select theaters on Christmas Day.
Tracklist for Journals:
2. All That Matters
3. Hold Tight
5. Bad Day
6. All Bad
7. PYD feat. R. Kelly
8. Roller Coaster
9. Change Me
10. Confident feat. Chance the Rapper
11. One Life
12. Backpack feat. Lil Wayne
13. What's Hatnin' feat. Future
14. Swap It Out
15. Memphis feat. Big Sean
16. All That Matter -- Music Video
17. Justin Bieber's Believe Theatrical Trailer
18. Guatemala Pencils of Promise Journal Video
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Weekend Box Office: Scarlett Johannson's 'Lucy' Beats The Rock's 'Hercules'
- All About That Mind-Blowing 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Footage From Comic-Con 2014
- 10 Facts About 'Godzilla 2,' 'Crimson Peak,' 'Skull Island,' and More, Straight From Comic-Con 2014
- Everything Revealed About the 'Goosebumps' Movie at Comic-Con 2014
- Newlyweds Naya Rivera & Ryan Dorsey Kiss, Look So in Love in Los Angeles - See Her Huge Wedding Ring!
- Justin Bieber Receives the Champ of Charity Award at the Young Hollywood Awards 2014
- Ansel Elgort & Nick Jonas Are Making Us Swoon at the Young Hollywood Awards 2014!
- Bella Thorne Turns Heads at Young Hollywood Awards 2014