Justin Bieber Releases Moody 'Heartbreaker' Single (Audio)
The singer kicks off his "Music Mondays" series, through which he plans to feature one new song every week for 10 straight weeks.
Justin Bieber's "Music Mondays" release series kicked off Monday with "Heartbreaker," a contemplative track that the pop superstar has teased since early June.
"Don't tell me I'm a heartbreaker/'Cuz girl, my heart's breaking," Bieber sings on the hook, as chirps of "heartbreaker, heartbreaker" fill the empty spaces around the vocal. A simple acoustic lick and snare taps set the scene for what amounts to Bieber's most direct stab at adult R&B to date, complete with the spoken-word breakdown that one might find on a Boyz II Men song.
"It's a song for people going through a heartbreak -- like I was when I wrote it," Bieber wrote of "Heartbreaker," which alludes to his break-up with Selena Gomez late last year, in the song's iTunes description, which he then posted on Twitter. "It means so much to me to be able to share what I was, and still am going through, with my fans. I'm very proud of this song and I hope it give my fans some insight into my heart."
Bieber's "Music Mondays" will feature one new song every week for 10 straight weeks; although "Heartbreaker" has been a confirmed single title since the summer, not much has been revealed of the nine songs to come. The tracks represent Bieber's first stitch of solo material since he released "Believe Acoustic" last January.
"Each week the songs get better," the Biebs posted on Twitter, adding, "maybe u might get lucky with two songs in a week."
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot In Music
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Sophia Bush Sends Congrats to Pal Aaron Paul For Emmy Win!
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'