Justin Bieber Releases Moody 'Heartbreaker' Single (Audio)
The singer kicks off his "Music Mondays" series, through which he plans to feature one new song every week for 10 straight weeks.
Justin Bieber's "Music Mondays" release series kicked off Monday with "Heartbreaker," a contemplative track that the pop superstar has teased since early June.
"Don't tell me I'm a heartbreaker/'Cuz girl, my heart's breaking," Bieber sings on the hook, as chirps of "heartbreaker, heartbreaker" fill the empty spaces around the vocal. A simple acoustic lick and snare taps set the scene for what amounts to Bieber's most direct stab at adult R&B to date, complete with the spoken-word breakdown that one might find on a Boyz II Men song.
"It's a song for people going through a heartbreak -- like I was when I wrote it," Bieber wrote of "Heartbreaker," which alludes to his break-up with Selena Gomez late last year, in the song's iTunes description, which he then posted on Twitter. "It means so much to me to be able to share what I was, and still am going through, with my fans. I'm very proud of this song and I hope it give my fans some insight into my heart."
Bieber's "Music Mondays" will feature one new song every week for 10 straight weeks; although "Heartbreaker" has been a confirmed single title since the summer, not much has been revealed of the nine songs to come. The tracks represent Bieber's first stitch of solo material since he released "Believe Acoustic" last January.
"Each week the songs get better," the Biebs posted on Twitter, adding, "maybe u might get lucky with two songs in a week."
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Aretha Franklin On New Covers Album: 'I Don't Think I Have Ever Been As Excited As I Am Now'
- This First Look At Benedict Cumberbatch In 'The Hollow Crown' Is Everything
- Rosamund Pike Dishes On Her 'Gone Girl' Sex Scene With Neil Patrick Harris
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' Trailer Looks Like A Total Brain Pleaser
- The Trailer for 'Inside Out' Makes You Realize How Much You've Missed Pixar This Year (VIDEO)
- Jeff Goldblum Stars in the Most Bizarre Ad for Light Bulbs You'll Ever See (VIDEO)
- Jude Law Searches for Sunken Nazi Treasure In 'Black Sea' Trailer (VIDEO)
- These Horror Movie Mistakes Will Haunt Your Dreams