Justin Bieber Sued Over 2013 Sunset Strip Ferrari Accident
The personal injury lawsuit was filed by a man who claims he was seriously injured after being hit by Bieber as he left the Laugh Factory on Sunset Blvd. in June 2013.
Justin Bieber is being sued for allegedly striking a pedestrian with his Ferrari as he left the Laugh Factory on Sunset Strip in West Hollywood a year ago.
The lawsuit was filed at the Superior Court of Los Angeles on Wednesday by Walter Damon Lee, who claims he was injured when the 20-year-old singer struck him in the June 2013 incident near Laurel Avenue.
Read the full complaint here.
Lee is claiming property damage and personal injury in excess of $25,000.
Bieber "negligently, carelessly, recklessly, wantonly and unlawfully" caused the Ferrari to run into and collide with Lee, "thereby causing injuries and damages," according to the lawsuit, which claims that he suffered "laceration and crush injury, hematoma formation, deep abrasions to the left knee and leg, fluid collection in the left knee and leg, deep venous thrombosis in the calf and ankle," causing him to need medical services now and in the future.
The suit also claims that Lee has been unable to work since the accident and may not be able to work for an indefinite period in the future, "thereby suffering a loss of earning capacity."
Lee is represented by attorney Jonathan Dwork.
Bieber was reportedly involved in a minor traffic incident Tuesday when the Escalade he was a passenger in was hit by another SUV in Beverly Hills; however, no one was injured and no charges were filed, according to police.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- 'Wish I Was Here' Star Ashley Greene Wants You to Check Out These 5 TV Shows & Movies
- Best of Late Night TV: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Cast Takes Over Kimmel, Kate Hudson Plays Box of Lies (VIDEO)
- This 'You've Got To Be Kidding Me' Supercut Is One For The Ages
- Katie Holmes Behind the Camera in 'In Short'