Justin Bieber, Will.i.am Collab '#THATPOWER' Hits the Web
UPDATED: The track will be featured on the upcoming “#willpower,” out April 23.
The new Will.i.am collaboration with Justin Bieber, “#THATPOWER,” predictably is gaining a lot of traction in the hours after its arrival online.
Since hitting YouTube on Friday, the track has done more than a third of a million views. The song arrived on iTunes at 3:01 a.m. EST. Listen to “#THATPOWER” here.
The Black Eyed Peas frontman used the platform of Twitter to announce the new single -- an up-tempo, club-geared track prominently featuring the Canadian teenage pop star’s vocals.
Will.i.am told London-based Capital FM that the recording sessions came about during the BRIT Awards in February. "So actually we went shopping first, and we were like, 'Hey, let's just have a chilled day,' and we went shopping for shoes; then after that we went to the studio, watched the BRITs, recorded that and then trucked off to see Justin Timberlake perform. So that was a pretty full day," he says in a clip posted online.
The track is lifted from Will.i.am’s next album #willpower, due April 23.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead