Justin Bieber's 'Boyfriend' Video Shatters YouTube Record For Single-Day Views
The clip, featuring the singer gazing smolderingly into the camera surrounded by muscle cars and scantily clad women, racked up 8 million hits in just 24 hours.
The music video for "Boyfriend," the new single from Justin Bieber's forthcoming album, has set a new record on YouTube, logging over 8 million views within 24 hours of being made available for streaming to Bieber's fans, who refer to themselves as "Beliebers."
That number was fueled by a campaign mounted by the Canadian heartthrob's Twitter followers -- now numbering well over 21 million, second only to Lady Gaga -- to make "Boyfriend" the most popular offering ever posted to the video-sharing site.
The video, which features the singer gazing smolderingly into the camera surrounded by muscle cars and scantily clad women, has drawn comparisons to the video for "Girlfriend," a 2002 hit for NSYNC, the boy band that launched Justin Timberlake's career.
As of Saturday, "Boyfriend" had logged 9.2 million hits.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Frank Ocean Just Released A New Song Called 'Memrise'
- Patti Smith's 'O Holy Night' Performed At 2013 Vatican Christmas Concert Is The Only Carol You Need
- Binge Watch Your Home Decorating Angst Away With These Thanksgiving TV Marathons
- Celebrities Instagram Their Thanksgiving Meals Just As Much As You Do
- Leslie Bibb Gets Dolled Up for 'Take Care' New York Screening with Thomas Sadoski!
- Prince William & Duchess Kate Are Huge 'Homeland' Fans, Says Damian Lewis
- Dwayne Johnson Starts Filming New HBO Comedy 'Ballers'!
- Eddie Redmayne Gets Interviewed by BFF Andrew Garfield for 'Gotham' Magazine Cover Story