Justin Bieber's 'Boyfriend' Video Shatters YouTube Record For Single-Day Views
The clip, featuring the singer gazing smolderingly into the camera surrounded by muscle cars and scantily clad women, racked up 8 million hits in just 24 hours.
The music video for "Boyfriend," the new single from Justin Bieber's forthcoming album, has set a new record on YouTube, logging over 8 million views within 24 hours of being made available for streaming to Bieber's fans, who refer to themselves as "Beliebers."
That number was fueled by a campaign mounted by the Canadian heartthrob's Twitter followers -- now numbering well over 21 million, second only to Lady Gaga -- to make "Boyfriend" the most popular offering ever posted to the video-sharing site.
The video, which features the singer gazing smolderingly into the camera surrounded by muscle cars and scantily clad women, has drawn comparisons to the video for "Girlfriend," a 2002 hit for NSYNC, the boy band that launched Justin Timberlake's career.
As of Saturday, "Boyfriend" had logged 9.2 million hits.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR