Justin Bieber's 'Boyfriend' Video Shatters YouTube Record For Single-Day Views
The clip, featuring the singer gazing smolderingly into the camera surrounded by muscle cars and scantily clad women, racked up 8 million hits in just 24 hours.
The music video for "Boyfriend," the new single from Justin Bieber's forthcoming album, has set a new record on YouTube, logging over 8 million views within 24 hours of being made available for streaming to Bieber's fans, who refer to themselves as "Beliebers."
That number was fueled by a campaign mounted by the Canadian heartthrob's Twitter followers -- now numbering well over 21 million, second only to Lady Gaga -- to make "Boyfriend" the most popular offering ever posted to the video-sharing site.
The video, which features the singer gazing smolderingly into the camera surrounded by muscle cars and scantily clad women, has drawn comparisons to the video for "Girlfriend," a 2002 hit for NSYNC, the boy band that launched Justin Timberlake's career.
As of Saturday, "Boyfriend" had logged 9.2 million hits.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"