Justin Bieber's First Post-Arrest Track 'Broken' Released (Audio)
Alongside rapper Blake Kelly, the troubled musician sings of not reacting to drama or fleeing the scene on the track.
Justin Bieber shared "Broken," his first song since his January arrest in Miami Beach, and on the track the teen pop star tells the world that even though "they're persistent, trying to break me down / I cannot be broken."
Just before midnight on Friday, Bieber tweeted a link to a mixtape site featuring "Broken" as part of DJ Tay James' "We Know The DJ Radio 4" playlist.
"Broken," which also features rapper Blake Kelly, finds Bieber insistently crooning about not playing into the drama that surrounds him, singing, "I guess they want a reaction / I ain't gonna give it to 'em," and repeating "I cannot be broken / Like I know you were hoping." Toward the end of the nearly three-minute track, Bieber veers into a verse about taking "a cruise on the smooth highway / I ain't even trying to get away."
The song comes just shy of a month after the 19-year-old singer was arrested in Miami Beach on Jan. 23, when police who suspected he was drag racing stopped him. Bieber has pleaded not guilty to charges of DUI, resisting arrest and driving with an expired license. Though a Mar. 3 trial had been scheduled, the Associated Press has reported that a Mar. 4 hearing has now been set as a judge reviewed video of Bieber's arrest.
In the weeks since his Florida arrest in January, Bieber has been seen partying in Atlanta with Rick Ross and Diddy, celebrating the Super Bowl in New York (after his plane was detained in New Jersey on suspicion of marijuana but released when nothing was found), and hanging out with T.I. in the studio.
Listen to "Broken" below:
What do you think of Bieber's first post-arrest track? Sound off in the comments below.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Surprise Comic Con With New 'Interstellar' Trailer
- Pedro Pascal Really Wishes He Were Still On 'Game Of Thrones,' Even In Small Part
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive