Justin Bieber's Pet Monkey Quarantined at German Airport (Report)
The monkey didn't have the proper paperwork to be in the country, a customs official said to the AP.
Justin Bieber's pet monkey was reportedly detained at a Munich airport.
The pop singer landed in Germany last week, but the monkey was quarantined because there wasn't paperwork for the animal to be in the country, a customs official told the Associated Press.
TMZ notes that the monkey was an apparent gift from producer Mally Mall, who posted this Instagram photo of the pet.
Bieber is scheduled to sing in Vienna, Austria on Saturday before playing tour dates in Hamburg, Frankfurt, Dormund and Cologne in Germany beginning in April.
The Believe artist's European tour has hit a few snags. In London at the O2 Arena earlier this month, he left the stage after having reported breathing problems and canceled a show in Portugal.
After those earlier setbacks, he wrote a note on Instagram that read: "Everyone in my team has been telling me, 'keep the press happy,' but I'm tired of all the countless lies in the press right now."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Kate Beckinsale Films 'Absolutely Anything' Alongside a Really Really Nice Car!
- Usher Narrows Down 'The Voice' Live Show Performers to Just Three - Meet Team Usher!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Help Plant a Tree in Australia!
- Sam Claflin Promotes 'The Quiet Ones' at His 'Meet The Actors' Session in NYC!