1:49pm PT by Mia Galuppo
5 Creepiest Quotes From Justin Bieber's Would-Be Assassin
In the winter of 2010, Justin Bieber released his first single, “Baby,” and the world fell in love with the Canadian sensation and his glorified bowl cut. Dana Martin, a prisoner in the Southern New Mexico Correctional Facility, counted himself among the victims of the spreading pandemic known as Bieber Fever.
Martin’s appreciation for Bieber’s music quickly turned into an obsession with musician himself. After multiple attempts at contacting the teen heartthrob, Martin became infuriated at the lack of response -- and it was at this point that the 45-year-old prisoner resolved to kill him.
On Nov. 20, New Mexico State Police charged two accomplices and Martin, who was serving 35 years to life without parole for the rape and murder of a 15-year-old Vermont girl in 2000, with multiple counts of first-degree conspiracy to commit murder. According to the police affidavit, the plan involved kidnapping Bieber in New York City during a sold-out two-concert stand at Madison Square Garden, executing him and then cutting off his testicles as trophies of their handiwork.
Below are the five creepiest quotes from the interview given to Details.com. (Warning: Some quotes are NSFW.)
1) “The tattoo? I always tell people you need to have a shaved Bieber. Believe me, you do not want a hairy Bieber.” Martin referencing his tattoo that is a portrait of the teen idol imprinted onto his calf. The tattoo took 15 hours to create and was inked using a tiny electric motor from a Radio Shack cassette player, a piece of guitar string and a pen.
2) “He just seemed to purr." Martin remembers watching Bieber on the Today show emoting to Matt Lauer about how much he cared about his fans.
3) "What are you trying to get me to say, that I love Justin Bieber and think he's gorgeous? He's a good-looking kid. Would I go to bed with him? Yeah. He's legal, so probably."
4) “It isn't just so people will know who I am. It's because he changed, and that made me angry.” Martin explaining why he decided that Bieber must die.
5) “Do you really think that I would stop? Honestly? I tell people I'm not going to stop. And I'm not gonna stop. So if you're Justin Bieber, wouldn't you want to, like, do something to make this go away?”