Justin Timberlake, Marcus Mumford Collaborating on 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Soundtrack
"Not only will that be a great movie, but the music to it will be fantastic," the "Suit & Tie" singer says.
Justin Timberlake and Marcus Mumford have hit the studio together, Timberlake revealed in an interview with the UK's Capital FM.
"I did work with Marcus Mumford on the soundtrack," Timberlake said of the Coen brothers' upcoming Inside Llewyn Davis, which also stars Timberlake and the Mumford & Sons frontman's wife, Carey Mulligan.
The pair's work will also feature the Punch Brothers and production from T Bone Burnett, who also helmed the Coens' multi-platinum O Brother, Where Art Thou? soundtrack.
The upcoming film is a more recent look at American music, focusing on the '60s folk scene.
"I don't know any other world where we would get the opportunity to collaborate like that but it was so much fun," Timberlake said. "Not only will that be a great movie, but the music to it will be fantastic."
CBS Films has acquired the movie, which does not yet have a U.S. release date.
With his own album due March 19, the "Suit & Tie" singer also explained why his The 20/20 Experience tracks will be longer than radio might expect from the pop star.
"When we were making the record, I said, 'If Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin can do 10-minute songs and Queen can do 10-minute songs then why can't we?," he said. "We'll figure out the radio edits later."
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Jon Stewart Mocks Media 'Chaos' Over Obamacare Ruling
- North West Takes Her First Steps, Kim Posts Adorable Picture After Swimming Lesson
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences