Grammys 2013: Justin Timberlake Makes Musical Return With Retro Performance
The "triple threat" took the stage Sunday with "Suit & Tie" collaborator Jay-Z.
Justin Timberlake returned to music in a big way, with a much-hyped performance on the Grammy stage.
Presenters Ellen DeGeneres and Beyonce, fresh off her Super Bowl halftime show last weekend, took their sweet time introducing "triple threat" Timberlake's "Grammy moment."
When Timberlake took the stage, the singer took it back a few decades with CBS going from color to a sepia tone while he performed new single "Suit & Tie," backed by a full band. Collaborator (and Beyonce's husband) Jay-Z also took the stage during the song.
But Timberlake wasn't done. Following "Suit & Tie," he performed another song from his upcoming March album release The 20/20 Experience, "Pusher Love Girl," a track he had debuted during DirecTV's pre-Super Bowl party last Saturday.
Following his performance, presenter Kelly Rowland praised his musical performance, exclaiming, "Justin Timberlake, everybody! We love you!"
On social media, reaction to Timberlake's "Grammy moment" leaned positive.
Pharrell Williams, with whom Timberlake has collaborated, tweeted: "Dope performance." Alicia Keys wrote on Twitter: "He killed it tonight." "Justin Timberlake is like the male Beyonce. A real talent, that kid," tweeted singer-songwriter Sondre Lerche.
Viewers also noticed a big Timberlake push during the commercials with several from Target, which announced a special U.S. deluxe edition of 20/20, and Bud Light Platinum ads geared around him.
This isn't the end of the night for Timberlake, who will take the stage at the Hollywood Palladium later Sunday for a post-Grammys concert.
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
What's Hot In Music
- The Power Rangers And Cookie Monster Fight To The Death, Naturally
- What The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Can Teach Us About Email Marketing
- Horatio Sanz On 'Saturday Night Live's' Politics: 'We Dropped The Ball' On Going After The Right
- Jennifer Hudson's Half-Brother, Stephen Angelo Simpson, Arrested For Alleged Stabbing
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Hubby Marco Perego Step Out for Sunny Stroll After Taking On the Ice Bucket Challenge
- Kourtney Kardashian: Mason & Penelope Love North West So Much!
- Gisele Bundchen Once Again Tops Forbes' List of Highest Paid Models, Has Had #1 Spot Since 2002!
- Robbie Amell Engaged To 'Chasing Life' Star Italia Ricci!