Justin Timberlake to Release New Album in November, Says Questlove
The "Late Night" musician says the singer will issue a "20/20 Experience" follow-up with 10 more songs.
Questlove says Justin Timberlake will release a follow-up to The 20/20 Experience in November.
The Roots musician and house band member on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, where Timberlake just did a weeklong residency starring in a number of comedy skits, spilled the beans in the message boards on his hip hop news website Okayplayer over the weekend.
He wrote: "spoiler alert. 20/20 Vol 2 comes out in nov. (10 songs now…..10 songs later= 20 vision)."
Questlove chimed in on a thread concerning The New York Times review of The 20/20 Experience in which writer Jon Caramanica called Timberlake "an artist with no incentive to innovate." The album, Timberlake's first in seven years, drops Tuesday.
"i will say the album is OVERLY ambitious. like a LOT of ideas crammed into one," he said, going on to defend the record and its first single "Suit & Tie" as "ballsy" for having a throwback sound that might alienate younger people.
"i mean suit and tie is the MOST UNLIKELY james brown production reference but of course unless you got a master degree in soul-ology this won't mean s--t to you."
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Winnie and Kevin Probably Slept Together and 11 Other Things We Learned at Last Night’s Wonder Years Reunion
- How Much Do You Know About American Horror Story? Take Our SAT Exam
- Garage Doors and Tanning Beds: 9 Actors Remember Their Famous Horror-Movie Deaths
- It’s Just a Normal Tuesday With Drake and ILoveMakonnen
- 'Ouija' Movie Stars Attend Spooky Seance with Their Celeb Pals (Exclusive Video!)
- Justin Timberlake & Jessica Biel Settle Lawsuit Against Tabloid Publishing False Stories
- Renee Zellweger Brings Her Boyfriend Doyle Bramhall II to Elle Women in Hollywood Event!
- Nikki Reed & Emmy Rossum Stun at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration