Justin Timberlake to Release New Album in November, Says Questlove
The "Late Night" musician says the singer will issue a "20/20 Experience" follow-up with 10 more songs.
Questlove says Justin Timberlake will release a follow-up to The 20/20 Experience in November.
The Roots musician and house band member on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, where Timberlake just did a weeklong residency starring in a number of comedy skits, spilled the beans in the message boards on his hip hop news website Okayplayer over the weekend.
He wrote: "spoiler alert. 20/20 Vol 2 comes out in nov. (10 songs now…..10 songs later= 20 vision)."
Questlove chimed in on a thread concerning The New York Times review of The 20/20 Experience in which writer Jon Caramanica called Timberlake "an artist with no incentive to innovate." The album, Timberlake's first in seven years, drops Tuesday.
"i will say the album is OVERLY ambitious. like a LOT of ideas crammed into one," he said, going on to defend the record and its first single "Suit & Tie" as "ballsy" for having a throwback sound that might alienate younger people.
"i mean suit and tie is the MOST UNLIKELY james brown production reference but of course unless you got a master degree in soul-ology this won't mean s--t to you."
What's Hot In Music
- Helen Mirren Delivers the Sass in Our Exclusive 'The Hundred-Foot Journey' Preview (VIDEO)
- The Cast of 'Entourage': Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)
- Dane Cook Facts: 21 Things You (Probably) Don't Know About the Comic
- Best of Late Night TV: Miranda Kerr's Game of Flip Cup and Conan O'Brien's Tinder Date (VIDEO)
- Neil Patrick Harris Saw a First Copy of 'Gone Girl' Movie & Loved It!
- Christina Milian & Lil' Wayne Spotted Holding Hands, Spark Relationship Rumors
- Joshua Jackson, Liev Schreiber, & Lizzy Caplan Promote Their Shows at Summer TCA Press Tour 2014!
- Harry Styles Leaves His Shirt Unbuttoned a Bit & We're Not Complaining!