Justin Timberlake to Release New Album in November, Says Questlove
The "Late Night" musician says the singer will issue a "20/20 Experience" follow-up with 10 more songs.
Questlove says Justin Timberlake will release a follow-up to The 20/20 Experience in November.
The Roots musician and house band member on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, where Timberlake just did a weeklong residency starring in a number of comedy skits, spilled the beans in the message boards on his hip hop news website Okayplayer over the weekend.
He wrote: "spoiler alert. 20/20 Vol 2 comes out in nov. (10 songs now…..10 songs later= 20 vision)."
Questlove chimed in on a thread concerning The New York Times review of The 20/20 Experience in which writer Jon Caramanica called Timberlake "an artist with no incentive to innovate." The album, Timberlake's first in seven years, drops Tuesday.
"i will say the album is OVERLY ambitious. like a LOT of ideas crammed into one," he said, going on to defend the record and its first single "Suit & Tie" as "ballsy" for having a throwback sound that might alienate younger people.
"i mean suit and tie is the MOST UNLIKELY james brown production reference but of course unless you got a master degree in soul-ology this won't mean s--t to you."
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot In Music
- Hippie Blues: 45 Years of Led Zeppelin
- Music Turns Me on: A Conversation With the Hot Band Dopapod
- Ira Sachs' New Film "Love is Strange" Screens at the Deauville American Film Festival: Alfred Molina and John Lithgow as a Married Couple in Love
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Contestant Alfonso Ribeiro Proves Carlton Still Got It
- Lupita Nyong'o Visits 'Sesame Street' and It's All Kinds of Adorable (VIDEO)
- What Every '90s Kid Needs to See in the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot
- What's On TV Tonight: 'The Mindy Project' and 'New Girl' Season Premieres, 'Sons of Anarchy,' and More Picks
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kim Coates Says the Final Season Is 'Full Out, Full Throttle, Wiping Everybody Out'