Kanye West Bashes Nike, Confirms Adidas Deal (Video)
The rapper switched shoe companies because his new deal gives him "royalties and I have to provide for my family," he said on a New York radio station.
Kanye West has long had a partnership with Nike, but all that's changing thanks to a new deal with Adidas.
The rapper confirmed his partnership with the German sports clothing and accessories giant in an interview with New York's Hot 97 on Monday.
"I took the Adidas deal because I have royalties and I have to provide for my family," West said in the interview, recalling comments he made at his Madison Square Garden show on Sunday night, during which he lambasted Nike for not being a good business partner -- confirming on the show that he doesn't receive royalties from the company because he's "not a professional athlete."
"I'm gonna be the first hip-hop designer, and because of that, I'm gonna be bigger than Walmart," he continued.
As the partnership is young, there's no set release date just yet on West's Red Octobers shoe line.
This story first appeared on billboard.com.
Watch West rant against Nike and reveal details of his Adidas deal in the video below.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- The 'Batkid Begins' Trailer Will Make You Shed a Tear or Two (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, and Dave Bautista Get Weird in Our 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Unscripted (VIDEO)
- Norman Reedus Breaks Down Daryl and Beth's Relationship on 'The Walking Dead'
- Get Creeped Out By the Latest Demon-Filled 'Constantine' Trailer (VIDEO)