Kanye West Brings Out Jesus Look-Alike on 'Yeezus' Tour
Check out footage courtesy of DONDA Creative Director, Virgil Abloh.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Kanye West kicked off his 'Yeezus' tour in Seattle, WA on Saturday and as always, left people talking.
The show, which reportedly started two hours late due to an equipment truck being stolen, lasted two hours. Ye' performed material from his six-album discography, including live debuts of "Yeezus" cuts ("Hold My Liquor," "I'm In It" and "Guilt Trip"), according to Consequence of Sound.
But what has the Internet stunned is the stage production (which included a giant mountain top), merchandise (t-shirts with skulls and confederate flags printed on them), and Kanye West's guest, a Jesus Christ look-alike.
The actor dressed as Jesus walked on stage before 'Ye performed his College Dropout hit, "Jesus Walks." "White Jesus, is that you?… Oh, shit!," he said jokingly, according to MTV News. Ye', alongside a group of women back-up dancers dressed in white, later bowed to the Jesus look-alike as he stood on the mountain top.
Before Kanye hit the stage, Kendrick Lamar performed a nine-song set which included songs off his "good kid, m.a.a.d. city" album.
Check out footage from the 'Yeezus' tour courtesy of DONDA Creative Director, Virgil Abloh:
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- 'The Middle': Sue Never Saw This Secret Crush Coming, Or His Perspective Of Her
- Aisha Tyler Calls Kanye West 'The Straight, Black Liberace' (VIDEO)
- Evangeline Lilly Not Too Happy With Women's Health's 'Best Butt Ever' Claim (VIDEO)
- 'The X Factor': Alex And Sierra Make Destiny's Child 'Say My Name' Their Own (VIDEO)
- Watch a 'Fast & Furious' Video Tribute to Paul Walker
- 'The Wolf of Wall Street' Clip: Leonardo DiCaprio Makes How Much Money?! (EXCLUSIVE)
- 'Pompeii' Trailer: Kit Harington Faces a Power Greater Than the Roman Empire (VIDEO)
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Trailer: Eva Green Is Out to Kill Some Greeks (VIDEO)