Kanye West on Grammy Snub: 'F--- Those Nominations!' (Video)
"I'm 36 years old and I have 21 Grammys -- that’s the most Grammys of any 36-year-old," the rapper said onstage. "Out of all of those 21 Grammys, I’ve never won a Grammy against a white artist."
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Kanye West isn't pleased with the Grammy Awards.
During his Yeezus show in Phoenix, Arizona last night (Dec. 10), the rapper shared his disappointment in the 56th annual Grammy Awards for being excluded from the Album of the Year category.
"I’m 36 years old and I have 21 Grammys -- that’s the most Grammys of any 36-year-old," he said. "Out of all of those 21 Grammys, I’ve never won a Grammy against a white artist."
He continued: "So when the Grammys nominations come out, and Yeezus is the top one or two album on every single list, but only gets two nominations from the Grammys, what are they trying to say? Do they think that I wouldn’t notice? Do they think that, some way, that I don’t have the power to completely diminish all of their credibility at this moment?"
"But no, no; Only positive energy [and] only positive vibes. But when you see me talking about what people are doing when I say 'marginalized,' when I say 'boxed in' when I say 'hold back,' when I say 'people are afraid of the truth,' that’s one example right there in front of you," he continued.
'Ye is nominated for Best Rap Album (for "Yeezus") and Best Rap Song (for "New Slaves"), but it's not enough: "People come to me and congratulate me on those two nominations. F--k those nominations!"
Watch the rant in the video below, mixed between musical riffs:
What do you think of West's latest commentary? Sound off in the comments below.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- See the Visually Striking Trailer for Young Ones, With Michael Shannon and Elle Fanning
- The Feminist Horror Author You Need to Read Immediately
- ‘Age Has No Expiration Date’ Is the New ‘Blurred Lines,’ Says Pharrell in New Music Video
- Zoe Saldana Understands Why You Would Mistake Her for Other Black Actresses
- Lea Michele & Boyfriend Matthew Paetz Hit the Big Apple After Italian Getaway
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic Scores First Number 1 Album in 30 Year Career, MAGIC!'s 'Rude' Remains Number 1 Song
- Jake Gyllenhaal Enters World of Crime Reporting in First 'Nightcrawler' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Zoe Saldana Almost Quit Acting After Her Role in 'Pirates of the Caribbean': 'It Was Very Elitist'