Kanye West on Grammy Snub: 'F--- Those Nominations!' (Video)
"I'm 36 years old and I have 21 Grammys -- that’s the most Grammys of any 36-year-old," the rapper said onstage. "Out of all of those 21 Grammys, I’ve never won a Grammy against a white artist."
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Kanye West isn't pleased with the Grammy Awards.
During his Yeezus show in Phoenix, Arizona last night (Dec. 10), the rapper shared his disappointment in the 56th annual Grammy Awards for being excluded from the Album of the Year category.
"I’m 36 years old and I have 21 Grammys -- that’s the most Grammys of any 36-year-old," he said. "Out of all of those 21 Grammys, I’ve never won a Grammy against a white artist."
He continued: "So when the Grammys nominations come out, and Yeezus is the top one or two album on every single list, but only gets two nominations from the Grammys, what are they trying to say? Do they think that I wouldn’t notice? Do they think that, some way, that I don’t have the power to completely diminish all of their credibility at this moment?"
"But no, no; Only positive energy [and] only positive vibes. But when you see me talking about what people are doing when I say 'marginalized,' when I say 'boxed in' when I say 'hold back,' when I say 'people are afraid of the truth,' that’s one example right there in front of you," he continued.
'Ye is nominated for Best Rap Album (for "Yeezus") and Best Rap Song (for "New Slaves"), but it's not enough: "People come to me and congratulate me on those two nominations. F--k those nominations!"
Watch the rant in the video below, mixed between musical riffs:
What do you think of West's latest commentary? Sound off in the comments below.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Jenny McCarthy Slams Rumor She Criticized Melissa McCarthy's Weight
- Jenny Lewis Doesn't Want To Be An 'Old Little Girl'
- Nicki Minaj Delays 'Anaconda' Release, But Gives Us Another Salacious Instagram Post
- How James Gunn Turned 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Into The Coolest & Weirdest Blockbuster Of 2014
- 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1' Trailer Suggests That Playtime Is Over (VIDEO)
- Weekend Box Office: Scarlett Johannson's 'Lucy' Beats The Rock's 'Hercules'
- All About That Mind-Blowing 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Footage From Comic-Con 2014
- 10 Facts About 'Godzilla 2,' 'Crimson Peak,' 'Skull Island,' and More, Straight From Comic-Con 2014