Kanye West Confesses Love for Kim Kardashian, Bashes Kris Humphries
The rapper puts all rumors of romance to rest in his new song "Theraflu," where he admits he fell for the reality star and disses her ex-husband.
Kanye West silences a slew of rumors, while also managing to pack in quite a few punches, in his latest single, "Theraflu," released late Wednesday night.
Amidst rumors he and reality star Kim Kardashian are dating, the rapper wasn't shy about confessing his love for her -- despite her relationship with New Jersey Nets forward Kris Humphries. He also mentions his ex, model Amber Rose, and her new fiance Wiz Khalifa, a friend of West.
The New York Daily News posted a portion of the song's lyrics, which state:
"And the whole industry want to f--- your old chick
Only n---- I got respect for is Wiz
And I admit I fell in love with Kim
Around the same time she fell in love with him
Well that's cool baby girl, do your thing
Lucky I ain't had Jay drop him from the team"
In the last line, West is clearly making reference to friend and fellow rapper, Jay-Z, who remains part owner of the Nets.
Rose has released statements on her former relationship with West, insisting mutual infidelities were to blame for their fallout. She claimed that Kardashian, who was then dating NFL star Reggie Bush, and West "were both cheating."
Nevertheless, the newly divorced reality star has made it a point to insist the two have always just been "friends." In a KISS-FM interview with Ryan Seacrest back in March, she claimed, "We've been friends for years. It's so funny; you take a picture with someone, you support them." She later went on to dance around the dating rumors purported by the media: "I've heard so many ridiculous things, and to be honest I used to read all the magazines and watch things. I don't even look at any of that anymore.
If that's the case, someone might want to give Kim a heads up not to listen to her pal's new song.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills