Kanye West Charged With Misdemeanor Battery Over LAX Paparazzi Scuffle
The singer was caught on camera in an altercation with a videographer outside the airport in July.
Kanye West will face a misdemeanor battery and attempted grand theft charge for a paparazzi scuffle incident at LAX, the Los Angeles City Attorney's office confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
The singer will be arraigned Oct. 10 at the LAX airport courthouse. The July 19 incident, captured on video, showed the Yeezus rapper confronting the videographer outside the Tom Bradley Terminal and appearing to take away a camera.
The videographer, Daniel Ramos, had announced a lawsuit in August through attorney Gloria Allred, who held a press conference on Aug. 21.
A complaint filed in Los Angeles Superior Court on behalf of Ramos said he "sustained injuries to his right hip, as well as accompanying pain and emotional distress."
The filing also stated that the Ramos "was prevented from attending to his usual occupation as a photographer and has suffered, and will suffer, lost earnings."
The L.A. District Attorney's office had stated in August that it declined to file a felony charge against West.
TMZ first reported the news of the misdemeanor battery charge.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot In Music
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kim Coates Says the Final Season Is 'Full Out, Full Throttle, Wiping Everybody Out'
- Krispy Kreme Celebrates 'Ghostbusters' 30th Anniversary With Limited Edition Doughnuts
- Extended 'Revenge' Season 4 Trailer Proves 'What Goes Around Comes Around' (VIDEO)
- Prepare to Swoon Over Benedict Cumberbatch Dressed as Mr. Darcy (PHOTO)
- Mindy Kaling Reveals She Was Up for Maya Rudolph's 'Bridesmaids' Role: 'It Was a Heartbreaker'
- Jada Pinkett Smith on 'Gotham': 'I Get Paid to Play Evil, That's Awesome!'
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Brings Star Presence to Women in Cable Telecommunications Luncheon
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Are Back in Los Angeles After the Human Rights Campaign Event in Seattle