Kanye West Plays New Songs on 'SNL', Album Title Teased (Video)
The performance included tracks "Black Skinhead" and "New Slaves."
Kanye West returned to Saturday Night Live to perform two new songs on the same day that details about his forthcoming album were teased.
On the Ben Affleck-hosted season 38 SNL finale, the artist played new tracks "Black Skinhead" and "New Slaves" as strobe lights flashed and signs with phrases like "Not for Sale" played in the background.
The artist's sixth solo album will be titled Yeezus and be released on June 18, according to a Rap-Up report on Saturday. West's girlfriend, Kim Kardashian, seemed to confirm the title in an Instagram photo. West's label, Def Jam, has not responded to e-mailed requests for comment by Billboard on the album title and release date.
Known collaborators for the rapper's followup to 2010's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy include Daft Punk, The-Dream, Skrillex, John Legend, Big Sean and 2 Chainz, among others.
The rapper had debuted "New Slaves," on Friday night in an unconventional series of public screenings on sides of buildings around the globe.
Watch the SNL performances below:
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Best of Late Night TV: Bachelorette Andi Plays the No-ly Wed Game, James Franco's Selfie Tutorial (VIDEO)
- The 'Batkid Begins' Trailer Will Make You Shed a Tear or Two (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, and Dave Bautista Get Weird in Our 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Unscripted (VIDEO)
- Norman Reedus Breaks Down Daryl and Beth's Relationship on 'The Walking Dead'