Kanye West Won't Face Felony Charge in LAX Paparazzi Scuffle
The district attorney's office is declining to prosecute the rapper, but his case will go to the city attorney for possible misdemeanor charges.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Kanye West won't face felony charges after being accused of attacking a photographer at Los Angeles International Airport. But he's not completely off the hook.
The Los Angeles County district attorney's office said Friday it is declining to prosecute the rapper, but his case will go to the city attorney for possible misdemeanor charges.
In the July 19 incident, West scuffled with a member of the paparazzi who staked out the airport to snap celebrity photos. Videos showed West lunging at a photographer's camera and trying to wrestle it away.
West has had similar run-ins with paparazzi at LAX in the past.
Prosecutors say the photographer did not have a significant injury and it's unknown if his camera was damaged. They also say no weapon was used and West doesn't have a felony record.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014
- Megan Fox Gets Covered in Blood for a James Franco Project