Kanye West Won't Face Felony Charge in LAX Paparazzi Scuffle
The district attorney's office is declining to prosecute the rapper, but his case will go to the city attorney for possible misdemeanor charges.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Kanye West won't face felony charges after being accused of attacking a photographer at Los Angeles International Airport. But he's not completely off the hook.
The Los Angeles County district attorney's office said Friday it is declining to prosecute the rapper, but his case will go to the city attorney for possible misdemeanor charges.
In the July 19 incident, West scuffled with a member of the paparazzi who staked out the airport to snap celebrity photos. Videos showed West lunging at a photographer's camera and trying to wrestle it away.
West has had similar run-ins with paparazzi at LAX in the past.
Prosecutors say the photographer did not have a significant injury and it's unknown if his camera was damaged. They also say no weapon was used and West doesn't have a felony record.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!