Katharine McPhee Starts Recording Columbia Debut
The "Smash" star is working on her third studio album.
Katharine McPhee, star of NBC's Smash and 2006 American Idol runner-up, has begun recording her new studio album.
The still-untitled LP will be her debut for Columbia Records and third nonholiday LP overall. It's due out later this year and, according to a press release, will feature songwriting collaborations from Linda Perry, Salaam Remi, OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder and Sia, best known for her collaborations with Flo Rida and David Guetta.
Recently, McPhee returned to Idol, where she performed OneRepublic's new hit "If I Lose Myself" alongside Tedder.
McPhee's self-titled 2007 debut (released through RCA) debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 and produced the hit single "Over It," which spent 16 weeks on the Hot 100 and peaked at No. 29. McPhee followed in 2010 with Unbroken (which debuted at No. 27) and the holiday album Christmas Is the Time to Say I Love You.
McPhee plays Karen Cartwright in Smash, unlikely to be renewed at NBC after this season's steep ratings drop banished it to Saturday nights.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead