Katy Perry Lays Katy Perry to Rest in New Promos (Video)
The pop star is seen burning her signature blue wig and burying her "California Gurls" getup as she teases her forthcoming single, "Roar."
Katy Perry -- as we know her -- is dead.
Days after announcing her forthcoming album, Prism, due out Oct. 22, the pop star is teasing her next single with a pair of morbid promos.
In the first, released on Friday, Perry is seen holding a lighter and setting fire to her signature blue wig. In another, revealed Monday, she wears shades and a smirk as funeral onlookers mourn the death of her "California Gurls" persona. Perry calls the promo "The Third Coming."
Looks like someone is revamping her image…again. But even with a new look, Perry isn't likely to stray far from her signature sound. The singer reportedly got back together with longtime collaborators Dr. Luke, Max Martin and Bonnie McKee on "Roar," which will be released officially on Aug. 12.
What do you think of Perry's new promos? Was her image due for an overhaul, or will you miss her candy-colored persona? Hit the comments below with your thoughts.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Don't Rule Out a 'Sons of Anarchy' Prequel
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay Are Making Your 'Manimal' Movie Dreams Come True
- We Can't Stop Looking at These Snazzy 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Living Portraits
- Matt Lauer Made Rachel McAdams Watch Her 'The Notebook' Audition Tape and It Was Kinda Awkward (VIDEO)