Katy Perry to Perform 'Roar' at VMAs
The pop star will debut the first single from her forthcoming album, "Prism."
Katy Perry is bringing her "Roar" to Brooklyn.
MTV today announced that the pop star will perform her just released single for the very first time during the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards.
The show will be beamed live from the Barclays Center on Aug. 25.
As a lead-up to the highly touted bow, MTV Hits, the network's 24-hour music channel, will feature an hour-long block of Perry performances and music videos on Aug. 13.
The singer is certainly no stranger to the VMAs, having four won Moonmen in recent years, including video of the year for the song “Firework.” Perry also met her now-ex-husband, Russell Brand, at the 2009 show, which was held in New York City.
Perry's highly anticipated third album, Prism, is scheduled for release on Oct. 22.
What's Hot In Music
- Theater Review: Between Riverside and Crazy Lies Exellence
- It’s Time to Revisit All 38 Soundtracks to Hit No. 1 Since Purple Rain
- Let’s Talk About the Guardians of the Galaxy Post-Credits Scene
- Orange Is the New Black’s Barbara Rosenblat on Playing Miss Rosa and Being ‘the Meryl Streep of Audiobooks’
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Review: Is It Too Weird for You?
- Dave Bautista, Drax in 'Guardians of the Galaxy,' on His Makeup and Fave Scene (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt Facts: 17 Things You (Probably) Don't Know About the 'Guardians' Star
- Best of Late Night TV: Julia Roberts' Face Balls and Chris Pratt's Taxidermy (VIDEO)
- Theo James Trains to Become Four in 'Divergent' BTS Clip (Exclusive Video)
- Orlando Bloom Continues His Vacation as Rumors Spread About Miranda Kerr's Views on the Justin Bieber Feud
- Kaley Cuoco Steps Out While 'Big Bang Theory' Production Looms Amid Contract Negotiations
- Kit Harington Loses His Signature Curly Hair for Straight Locks in 'Testament of Youth' Trailer - Watch Now!