Keith Richards Apologizes to Mick Jagger Over 'Raw' Memoir Words, Rolling Stones Duo Make Nice
The rockers discuss misunderstandings and negative publicity in a new interview.
The longtime friendship between Keith Richards and Mick Jagger is rolling smoothy once again.
The guitarist and frontman of the Rolling Stones have made nice following Richards' scathing remarks in his 2010 memoir, in which he complained that Jagger, who had come to dominate the group, thought he was "bigger than the Stones."
"He and I have had conversations over the last year of a kind we have not had for an extremely long time and that has been incredibly important to me," Richards says in an interview shot for a documentary produced for the group's 50th anniversary, according to Rolling Stone. "I know that some parts of [the book] and some of the publicity really offended Mick and I regret that."
For his part, Jagger explained why he had wrested hold of the group, and expressed his own regret at the misunderstanding.
"I got very involved with the business side of the Stones," he said, "mainly because I felt no one else was interested, but it’s plain now from the book that Keith felt excluded, which is a pity."
Richards had plenty of other complaints and accusations, though the snippet of the documentary interview did not address those.
The two rockstars may have a renewed friendship, but they'll have to wait to take it on the road; Richards tells Rolling Stone that the Rolling Stones won't be headed out on tour to celebrate their 50th anniversary this year, with 2013 looking like a much more likely date. Fans will have to make due with an upcoming 50th anniversary book, instead.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Jennifer Lopez & Iggy Azalea's 'Booty' Video Is Definitely About Butts, In Case You Were Confused
- Here's David Lynch Gazing Upon David Lynch, Set To The Music Of David Lynch
- Why One Woman Wants A Relationship With A Father Of 34 Children (VIDEO)
- It's all the little details that help Universal Orlando deliver the really big scares at Halloween Horror Nights 24
- Best of Late Night TV: Kaley Cuoco's Leaked Nudes and Billy Crystal's Lip Flip (VIDEO)
- What's On TV Tonight: 'Married' Finale, 'Breaking Amish' Premiere, and More Picks
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Is the Best Season Yet, Says Jessica Lange
- Lifetime's Aaliyah Biopic Has a Premiere Date (PHOTO)