Ke$ha, Flaming Lips Collaborating on Album
Says Lips frontman Wayne Coyne of the "Tik Tok" singer: "She is a blast on all levels."
Flaming Lips mastermind Wayne Coyne revealed in a Reddit Ask Me Anything (AMA) session on Wednesday that his band and pop singer Ke$ha are working on a full-length album together.
The album, according to Coyne, is going to be called "Lip$ha." Of working with Ke$ha, he said, "She is a blast on all levels. She's funny, she's humble. She's badass. She's everything. She's awesome."
Ke$ha and the Oklahoma bizarro-rock outfit previously collaborated on the 2012 The Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends album.
When asked if he still has any of Ke$ha's blood -- which was injected along with other collaborators' into the Heady Fwends vinyl records as a special Record Store day promotion -- Coyne responded, "Yes and it's VERY glittery. It came out of vagina that way. That's the truth."
Among the many other topics discussed in Coyne's AMA, he also spoke about the strangest display of affection he's received from a fan, a new feature film project and the band's legacy.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama