Kings of Leon Drummer Injured in Tour Bus Accident, Concert Postponed
Nathan Followill suffered broken ribs when the bus stopped suddenly to avoid a pedestrian; it's not yet clear whether the band's planned appearance on "The Tonight Show" this week will be affected.
Kings of Leon drummer Nathan Followill was injured in a tour bus accident, and the band has since delayed Sunday's (Aug. 10) show in Saratoga Springs, NY. They confirmed the news on their Facebook account.
Followill was treated for broken ribs. "IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Due to an accident on their tour bus, Kings of Leon will unfortunately have to postpone tonight’s show in Saratoga Springs, NY. The band was en route to their hotel after their show in Boston when a pedestrian jumped in front of their tour bus, causing the bus to stop short, injuring Nathan Followill," the statement, posted Sunday, reads.
"Nathan is being treated for broken ribs, but is doing well. The band will postpone the show that was planned for TONIGHT, Aug. 10th, until further notice. Refunds for ticket holders will be available at point of purchase."
Since announcing the postponed show, Followill has taken to Twitter to thank his fans for sending him love after the accident.
He wrote, "Thank you for all of the get well soons. I'm a little banged up but will be back better than ever."
Bandmate and brother, Jared, opened up a bit about the crash on his own Twitter account. "So sad this a.m.. Bus accident last night. Nathan has broken ribs. This was the most fun tour in a while. We'll be back ASAP. #GetWellNate," he tweeted.
The band, who are touring in support of their 2013 album "Mechanical Bull," has not specified when the August 10 show will be rescheduled for. However they are next slated to play Wantagh, NY on August 13. They are also scheduled to play the The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon on Aug. 12. No word on if they will still take the stage at The Tonight Show in light of Followill's injuries.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot In Music
- Report: Joan Rivers Doctor Took Selfie During Unapproved Biopsy
- Music Turns Me on: A Conversation With the Hot Band Dopapod
- Ira Sachs' New Film "Love is Strange" Screens at the Deauville American Film Festival: Alfred Molina and John Lithgow as a Married Couple in Love
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Contestant Alfonso Ribeiro Proves Carlton Still Got It
- Lupita Nyong'o Visits 'Sesame Street' and It's All Kinds of Adorable (VIDEO)
- What Every '90s Kid Needs to See in the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot
- What's On TV Tonight: 'The Mindy Project' and 'New Girl' Season Premieres, 'Sons of Anarchy,' and More Picks
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kim Coates Says the Final Season Is 'Full Out, Full Throttle, Wiping Everybody Out'