Kris Kross Reuniting for One Night Only
Mac Daddy and Daddy Mac -- now 32 -- have agreed to perform at a concert honoring Atlanta's So So Def Recordings.
Kris Kross is coming back.
They went by Mac Daddy and Daddy Mac, and for a brief moment in the early '90s, they had the entire world bouncing to their hip-hop smash "Jump."
Today, the duo -- aka Chris Kelly and Chris Smith -- are barely recognizable from their pint-sized, chart-topping former selves. At 32, they're both a little older, a little wiser, and, most notably, their clothes are facing forward.
But the backwards-worn jeans and baseball jerseys, the shaved eyebrows, the "miggity-miggity-macs" -- everything we associate with Kris Kross will live to see another day.
Both men have agreed to reunite to perform the song at a concert celebrating the 20th anniversary of Atlanta's So So Def Recordings -- a show scheduled for Feb. 23 at Atlanta's Fox Theatre that also will feature label-founder Jermaine Dupri, Da Brat and Bow Wow.
The announcement came on Tuesday afternoon at Atlanta City Hall, where Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed joined a roster of So So Def all-stars on the stage, the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports.
Dupri, linked romantically to Janet Jackson for years before the two broke up in 2009, discovered Kelly and Smith in 1990 at an Atlanta shopping mall. Two years later, they were touring with Michael Jackson on his Dangerous World Tour.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Weekend Box Office: Scarlett Johannson's 'Lucy' Beats The Rock's 'Hercules'
- All About That Mind-Blowing 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Footage From Comic-Con 2014
- 10 Facts About 'Godzilla 2,' 'Crimson Peak,' 'Skull Island,' and More, Straight From Comic-Con 2014
- Everything Revealed About the 'Goosebumps' Movie at Comic-Con 2014