L.A. Reid's Hamptons Estate Pipes Freeze in Polar Vortex
The music executive's Sagaponack property suffered damage from a furnace pipe burst, but his Park Ave. pad recently sold for a nice profit.
Dropping records may heat up the charts, but they flooded the Hamptons mansion of L.A. Reid.
The Sagaponack property of the Grammy-winning record executive and former X Factor judge, currently on the market for nearly $19 million, suffered some polar vortex damage last Saturday.
According to Patch, the Bridgehampton fire department responded to an automatic fire alarm, arriving at the property as 911 dispatchers relayed that they had received a call from a housekeeper, reporting a fire in the finished basement. Engines were called off minutes later, as the fire chief concluded that the smoke was actually steam coming from the furnace room. The water was shut off, preventing further flooding due to the home's frozen pipes.
The 7,000-square-foot house has 8 bedrooms, 9.5 baths, a tennis court and saltwater swimming pool, reports The Real Deal. The finished basement level includes a gym and a temperature-controlled wine cellar, lined floor-to-ceiling with built-in bottle racks. The property was listed this past summer.
In other L.A. Reid real estate news, The Real Deal also reports that the Epic Records chairman has sold his Park Avenue apartment to Broadway producer Harold Prince for $16.5 million. The 5,000 square-foot condo at the corner of East 60th St. was listed in May 2013 for $18.9 million. Reid bought the unit in 2000 for $9.43 million.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Don't Rule Out a 'Sons of Anarchy' Prequel
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay Are Making Your 'Manimal' Movie Dreams Come True
- We Can't Stop Looking at These Snazzy 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Living Portraits
- Matt Lauer Made Rachel McAdams Watch Her 'The Notebook' Audition Tape and It Was Kinda Awkward (VIDEO)