Lady Gaga Accuses Perez Hilton of Stalking; Blogger Responds (Exclusive)
The Twitter feud between the two former friends gets uglier as the celebrity blogger claims he's receiving death threats from fans.
A feud between blogger Perez Hilton and pop star Lady Gaga has gotten increasingly ugly as the two former friends continue to trade insults over Twitter. Now it seems Hilton has had enough.
In an exclusive statement to The Hollywood Reporter, Hilton defends: "I am a critic and not a stalker," as the pop star accused him of on Sunday afternoon. Hilton also adds that he's been receiving death threats from her fans.
The cause of the rift is unclear, but after several days of Hilton boasting about Gaga's new single's weak performance on the charts, the pop star called out Hilton (ne Mario Lavandeira) for a mean text he sent on the day an accident confined her to a wheelchair. Gaga took it one step further on Sunday, accusing him of stalking her New York apartment (Gaga wasn't home at the time).
Read Hilton's statement below:
"My heart hurts that my former very good friend Lady GaGa, a person I used to call my 'wifey' and traveled the world with, is making very public and very untrue allegations about me on Twitter. While it is still too painful for me to go into detail about why I chose to no longer make her a part of my life, I will say that I am a critic and not a stalker. Any allegation that I am stalking her is utterly false, defamatory and now appear to be putting me in danger. I will continue to be a critic -- in a way that is not mean or involves name-calling, and I will continue to have an opinion and talk about music and songs, like GaGa's 'Applause.' As the suggestion that I pose a danger to GaGa is preposterous, if fans want to send a message of support to her, they should buy her music."
Gaga claims that fans alerted her to Hilton's presence at her New York apartment. According to a source, Hilton was apartment shopping in Manhattan and, unbeknownst to him, was scheduled to see a unit in Gaga's building. "He's looking for a place that meets his family's needs," says an insider, who adds that Hilton had "no idea" Gaga lived there and that he was not escorted from the building.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- Weekend Box Office: '300: Rise of An Empire' Marches to Number One
- 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' Cast: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)
- Watching This Four-Minute 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Clip Is a Very Good Idea (VIDEO)
- Renee Zellweger's Next Movie, 'The Whole Truth,' Is Her First in Four Years