Lady Gaga Finishes New Album
The pop provocateur will announce the title of the record in September.
Memo to Little Monsters everywhere: Lady Gaga has finished work on her next album, but you'll have to wait the entire summer to know what it's called.
The Twitter-happy singer posted this message to her gazillion followers on Friday, declaring: "Exciting news little monsters! I've played my new record for my label and will be announcing my new Album Title in September!"
Her previous album, 2011's Born This Way, spawned the hit single of the same name as well as "The Edge of Glory," an insta-karaoke classic on par with "Bad Romance" circa her 2009 megahit record The Fame Monster.
Gaga is currently out on her Born This Way Ball tour; last week, one of her undeniable music influences, Madonna, sampled the song "Born This Way" during the Tel Aviv kick-off of her MDNA tour. (The two are leading parallel-ish lives: both singers' albums, Born This Way and MDNA, respectively, had major second-week sales drops after hitting No. 1 on the Billboard music chart.)
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- 'Star Wars: Episode VII' Rumor Roundup: Searching for Luke Skywalker
- What's On TV Tonight: 'Stalker' Premiere, 'The Bridge' Season Finale, and More Picks
- Watch Matthew McConaughey Explore the Galaxy in This New 'Interstellar' Trailer
- These Four Exclusive 'Mortdecai' Posters Feature Must-See Mustaches
- Brad Pitt on Being a Father: 'It's the Most Beautiful Thing'
- Ariana Grande Opens Up About Mariah Carey Comparisons