Lady Gaga Reveals New Album Title (Photo)
Is the fresh tattoo on the singer's arm an acronym? A reference to Andy Warhol? A way of life? As usual, Gaga keeps us guessing.
ARTPOP. All caps, per Lady Gaga, who tweeted on Sunday, "make sure when writing about my new album/project ARTPOP that you CAPITALIZE the title, *its all in the details*"
And so it seems the pop star has announced the name of her much anticipated follow-up to Born This Way, calling the effort not just an album, but a project. She made the proclamation on her own littlemonsters.com site with a photo of a new tattoo on the underside of her arm.
The name could be an acronym for "Artistic Revolution Through the Potential of Pop," which was written elsewhere on her Little Monsters wall, though not confirmed. It may also refer to the late Andy Warhol, whose trademark was Pop Art.
As usual, Gaga keeps us guessing.
No word yet on when her new album will be released, but it's expected in late 2012 or early 2013.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!