Lady Gaga Reveals New Album Title (Photo)
Is the fresh tattoo on the singer's arm an acronym? A reference to Andy Warhol? A way of life? As usual, Gaga keeps us guessing.
ARTPOP. All caps, per Lady Gaga, who tweeted on Sunday, "make sure when writing about my new album/project ARTPOP that you CAPITALIZE the title, *its all in the details*"
And so it seems the pop star has announced the name of her much anticipated follow-up to Born This Way, calling the effort not just an album, but a project. She made the proclamation on her own littlemonsters.com site with a photo of a new tattoo on the underside of her arm.
The name could be an acronym for "Artistic Revolution Through the Potential of Pop," which was written elsewhere on her Little Monsters wall, though not confirmed. It may also refer to the late Andy Warhol, whose trademark was Pop Art.
As usual, Gaga keeps us guessing.
No word yet on when her new album will be released, but it's expected in late 2012 or early 2013.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Best of Late Night TV: Bachelorette Andi Plays the No-ly Wed Game, James Franco's Selfie Tutorial (VIDEO)
- The 'Batkid Begins' Trailer Will Make You Shed a Tear or Two (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, and Dave Bautista Get Weird in Our 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Unscripted (VIDEO)
- Norman Reedus Breaks Down Daryl and Beth's Relationship on 'The Walking Dead'
- Neon Hitch's New Single 'Yard Sale' - Listen Now! (Exclusive Premiere)
- Gwyneth Paltrow Steps Out in East Hampton for 'Hector and the Search for Happiness' Screening!
- Bradley Cooper & Sienna Miller Begin Filming Their Second Movie Together, 'Adam Jones'!
- Sam Heughan & Caitriona Balfe Are Picture Perfect at 'Outlander' Screening