Lady Gaga Reveals New Album Title (Photo)
Is the fresh tattoo on the singer's arm an acronym? A reference to Andy Warhol? A way of life? As usual, Gaga keeps us guessing.
ARTPOP. All caps, per Lady Gaga, who tweeted on Sunday, "make sure when writing about my new album/project ARTPOP that you CAPITALIZE the title, *its all in the details*"
And so it seems the pop star has announced the name of her much anticipated follow-up to Born This Way, calling the effort not just an album, but a project. She made the proclamation on her own littlemonsters.com site with a photo of a new tattoo on the underside of her arm.
The name could be an acronym for "Artistic Revolution Through the Potential of Pop," which was written elsewhere on her Little Monsters wall, though not confirmed. It may also refer to the late Andy Warhol, whose trademark was Pop Art.
As usual, Gaga keeps us guessing.
No word yet on when her new album will be released, but it's expected in late 2012 or early 2013.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'