Lady Gaga Reveals New Album Title (Photo)
Is the fresh tattoo on the singer's arm an acronym? A reference to Andy Warhol? A way of life? As usual, Gaga keeps us guessing.
ARTPOP. All caps, per Lady Gaga, who tweeted on Sunday, "make sure when writing about my new album/project ARTPOP that you CAPITALIZE the title, *its all in the details*"
And so it seems the pop star has announced the name of her much anticipated follow-up to Born This Way, calling the effort not just an album, but a project. She made the proclamation on her own littlemonsters.com site with a photo of a new tattoo on the underside of her arm.
The name could be an acronym for "Artistic Revolution Through the Potential of Pop," which was written elsewhere on her Little Monsters wall, though not confirmed. It may also refer to the late Andy Warhol, whose trademark was Pop Art.
As usual, Gaga keeps us guessing.
No word yet on when her new album will be released, but it's expected in late 2012 or early 2013.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Here's the Full Tracklist for Lorde's 'Mockingjay' Soundtrack (PHOTO & AUDIO)
- Keanu Reeves on 'John Wick,' 'Bill & Ted 3,' and That 'Point Break' Remake (EXCLUSIVE)
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw & Nate Parker Share a Moment in This Exclusive 'Beyond the Lights' Preview
- How Will 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Begin? In 'Horribly Brutal Fashion'
- Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany To Make NY Stage Debut in 'The Way We Get By'!
- Ariana Grande 'So Proud' of Brother Frankie for Booking 'Rock of Ages' Role
- Michelle Williams & Marion Cotillard Celebrate the Foundation Louis Vuitton Opening!
- Matthew Morrison's Wedding Photo to Renee Puente Revealed - See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!