Lady Gaga's 'ARTPOP' Album, App to Arrive in November
The pop star also announced the release date for the first single and when preorders will begin.
Lady Gaga’s new album ARTPOP will arrive in November and will be accompanied with an app, the pop superstar announced.
Gaga’s third album will drop Nov. 11 alongside an app she describes in a wordy statement as “a musical and visual engineering system that combines music, art, fashion and technology.” And there is a promise that the user will share in the “adrenaline of fame.”
Naturally, a single will come first, on Aug. 19. And preorders for the album will kick off Sept. 1, according to the statement published today on Gaga’s Facebook page.
Lady Gaga had unveiled plans late last year for ARTPOP, though the project was expected to roll out in early 2013.
There’s some new insight into the album itself, though today's statement is so dense that her millions of fans should be left delightfully puzzled. ARTPOP, according to the message, “musically mirrors Gaga’s creative process as she passes through the medium of each artist she collaborates with, scoring a blueprint on her journey.” The result, we’re told, is “a ‘rage’ of electronic passion and fury defining each artistic process from beginning to end. ARTPOP could mean anything.”
On Nov. 10, Gaga will host an evening of “artRave” with a host of collaborators, including the controversial artist Jeff Koons.
With new music looming later in the year, Lady Gaga will be keen to bury what was a difficult first half of 2013. An injured hip meant the pop star had to prematurely cancel her Born This Way Ball tour.
All told, 22 shows were canceled, forcing the refund of roughly 200,000 tickets worth about $25 million in gross ticket sales, Billboard estimates.
Britain’s The Sun reports that she will return to the stage in September for the iTunes Festival at the refurbished Camden Roundhouse in London. The Haus of Gaga team is tipped to have a budget of £500,000 ($759,000) for the production.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead