Lady Gaga, Christina Aguilera Release 'Do What U Want' Duet (Audio)
The two singers unveil a new version of the "ARTPOP" single, which originally featured R. Kelly, on New Year's Day.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Lady Gaga and Christina Aguilera celebrated the start of 2014 with the release of a studio version of their duet on Gaga's "Do What U Want."
Around midnight, just after Dec. 31 became Jan. 1, Gaga tweeted a link to the song on iTunes and wrote, "pink champagne, gold lamé, hair, and fearlessness."
Here's 'Do What U Want feat. Christina Aguilera' STUDIO Version. http://t.co/sWNa0qWVdQ pink champagne, gold lame, hair, and fearlessness.
— Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) January 1, 2014
Gaga and Aguilera previously surprised and thrilled fans by performing the Gaga song together during the finale of the The Voice in December. As 2014 arrived, Aguilera also shared news of the new release, tweeting, "Happy New Year! Loved performing #DWUW with Lady Gaga, so we made a special version."
— Christina Aguilera (@xtina) January 1, 2014
Before the new version, Lady Gaga released "Do What U Want" featuring R. Kelly on her 2013 album ARTPOP.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Pedro Pascal Really Wishes He Were Still On 'Game Of Thrones,' Even In Small Part
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet