Lady Gaga, Christina Aguilera Release 'Do What U Want' Duet (Audio)
The two singers unveil a new version of the "ARTPOP" single, which originally featured R. Kelly, on New Year's Day.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Lady Gaga and Christina Aguilera celebrated the start of 2014 with the release of a studio version of their duet on Gaga's "Do What U Want."
Around midnight, just after Dec. 31 became Jan. 1, Gaga tweeted a link to the song on iTunes and wrote, "pink champagne, gold lamé, hair, and fearlessness."
Here's 'Do What U Want feat. Christina Aguilera' STUDIO Version. http://t.co/sWNa0qWVdQ pink champagne, gold lame, hair, and fearlessness.
— Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) January 1, 2014
Gaga and Aguilera previously surprised and thrilled fans by performing the Gaga song together during the finale of the The Voice in December. As 2014 arrived, Aguilera also shared news of the new release, tweeting, "Happy New Year! Loved performing #DWUW with Lady Gaga, so we made a special version."
— Christina Aguilera (@xtina) January 1, 2014
Before the new version, Lady Gaga released "Do What U Want" featuring R. Kelly on her 2013 album ARTPOP.
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot In Music
- Rihanna Slips Into A Bikini After Closing Out Monster Tour, Casually Hangs On A Yacht
- Here Is What A Mashup Of Scarlett Johansson And Jennifer Lawrence Looks Like
- Pat O'Brien Explains Why So Many Celebrities Aren't Truly Happy (VIDEO)
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Fatal Finale Says Goodbye To One Huge Character
- Neal Brennan Will Not Go Spelunking With You After This 'As Above, So Below' Trailer Review (VIDEO)
- Best of Late Night TV: 'Chelsea Lately's' Star-Studded Final Show, Idris Elba's Ice Bucket Challenge (VIDEO)
- The 30 Best Disney Live-Action Movies Ever Made
- Farmer Chris Soules Will Look For Love as the New 'Bachelor'
- Heidi Klum Completes Ice Bucket Challenge on 'America's Got Talent'!
- Chelsea Handler Dines with Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Aniston & More After Ending 'Chelsea Lately'
- Jennifer Aniston Doesn't Want Her 'Value as a Woman' to be Defined By Marriage & Children
- Orlando Bloom Rocks Unique Shirt at 'Zulu' Press Conference in Japan