Lady Gaga's Father: Bad Potato Led to Lower Restaurant Health Rating
The star's dad rants on Twitter after his NYC eatery got enough violations to receive a "B" grade.
Lady Gaga's father took to Twitter to vent his frustration after his restaurant Joanne Trattoria was downgraded by the New York City Health Department.
Joe Germanotta claims that a bad potato in a storage bin during a health inspection led his eatery to receive enough violations for it to receive a "B" grade.
"The inspector gave us 7 points for a bad potato in a storage bin on our health department inspection," Germanotta tweeted. "It wasn't being served to a customer, it was raw, and when the inspector pointed it out we threw it away. How many bad veggies do you toss?"
He claims the bad potato was with 40 good ones.
"Great story of NYC making progress, money and corruption," he added.
The "Born This Way" singer's dad then listed his other violations and excuses for all of them: five points for a potato peeler he says they were cleaning, five points for an ice scoop not being in a storage holder because it was in the dishwasher, two points for a hand-washing sign not being at the water station, which he said wasn't a sink.
Gaga's dad then posted the names, addresses and phone numbers of health department officials to his more than 51,000 followers and urged them to reach out to New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, whom he also tweeted.
"Your DOH, Beth Torin, is corrupt. Hear my story? Joe Germanotta, we've met several times. One if your assts can find me," he wrote.
Germanotta's restaurant opened in February 2012 and has received multiple bad reviews.
New York City restaurants are required to post letter grades showing the results of health inspections. Points are assessed for violations. An "A" grade is given out to eateries with 0-13 points, a "B" grade is given to restaurants with 14-27 points and a "C" is given to those with more than 28 points. Grades lower than "A" can be appealed, and in those cases restaurants can post a "Grade Pending" card until the final score is doled out. It seems Germanotta took the "Grade Pending" option, as that's the rating listed on the health department website.
His tweets were originally posted last Wednesday, but he continued his rant today, tweeting a photo of "the filthy thermometer used by the health inspector."
This isn't the first time Gaga's father's restaurant had a bad health inspection. It reportedly received 42 violations, enough for a "C" grade, in October before getting an "A" a couple of months later.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- 'Teen Wolf' Fans Can Barely Contain Their Excitement At Comic Con
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Surprise Comic Con With New 'Interstellar' Trailer
- Pedro Pascal Really Wishes He Were Still On 'Game Of Thrones,' Even In Small Part
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day
- Best of Late Night TV: Dwayne Johnson's Fainting Spell and Morgan Freeman's Helium Balloon Voice (VIDEO)
- The 10 Most Important 'Interstellar' Mysteries Revealed at Comic-Con 2014
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer: Back To the Hilariously Outrageous Future (VIDEO)
- There's Still Hope For an 'X-Files' Reboot