Did Lana Del Rey Redeem Herself With 'Letterman' Performance? (Video)
The much-hyped singer delivered a more controlled "Video Games" on the CBS late-night show.
"It don't get no better, that was gorgeous," declared Late Show musical director Paul Schaffer following Lana Del Rey's Thursday night performance of "Video Games." Host David Letterman agreed, asking the much-hyped newcomer whether she could come back the next day. "And how about Monday?," he cracked.
It was a starkly different reaction than the one the sexy singer received following her Saturday Night Live debut, which had thousands of viewers debating whether the 25-year-old should have been allowed such valuable TV time considering how green she was in the area of live performances.
Well, what a difference two weeks can make. Taking the stage at the legendary Ed Sullivan Theater, a far more controlled and relaxed Del Rey delivered a stellar string-heavy rendition of her breakout song "Video Games," injecting the sort of nuances indie music fans were craving when she first emerged as the genre's great hope.
Her hushed, sultry voice finally got a proper showcase, but not every camera angle was flattering, and those nails... well, perhaps getting beat up by hundreds of critics, both professional and otherwise, has resulted in a more practical tactic: if Del Rey is feeling defensive, she could simply claw someone's eye out. And wouldn't that be a sight to see?
Until then, check out Del Rey's Letterman appearance below and let us know: did she redeem herself with this performance?
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- What Does David Letterman's Retirement Mean for the Future of Late Night TV?
- 13 Stars Who Got Their Starts On MTV (PHOTOS)
- Dwayne Johnson Facts: 29 Things You (Probably) Don't Know About The Rock
- Best of Late Night TV: Dwayne Johnson's Fainting Spell and Morgan Freeman's Helium Balloon Voice (VIDEO)
- 'Hunger Games: Mockinghay' Teaser Trailer Debuts at Comic-Con - See an Awesome Hologram Video!
- Chloe Moretz & Kellan Lutz Get the Fans Pumped at Comic-Con's MTVu Fandom Awards!
- Kesha Teases New Music on 'The Tonight Show': 'It's Super Top Secret & Awesome'
- Kings of Leon Perform Their Hit Songs on 'Good Morning America' - Watch Now!