Lana Del Rey's 'Great Gatsby' Track 'Young & Beautiful' Hits the Web
The film's soundtrack, also featuring Beyonce and Will.i.am, is due out May 7.
The soundtrack to Baz Luhrmann's forthcoming adaptation of The Great Gatsby will include a typically lush Lana Del Rey ballad, as the singer's "Young & Beautiful," the first single from the compilation, has officially hit the Internet.
"Will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful?" the singer asks with a hint of desperation on a track that nods to the insecurities at the heart of F. Scott Fitzgerald's classic novel. Like LDR staples "Video Games" and "Born to Die," "Young & Beautiful" positions the singer-songwriter's sweeping vocals front and center, with dreamy strings and canned percussion pulling her back to earth.
The Great Gatsby soundtrack, due out May 7, was executive produced by Jay-Z and also features new music from Will.i.am, Beyonce, The xx and the Jiggaman himself. Florence & the Machine's "Over the Love" previewed the soundtrack last week.
To listen to Del Rey's "Young & Beautiful" click here.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David