Latin Christina Aguilera Track Featured on Will Ferrell's 'Casa de Mi Padre' Soundtrack (Audio)
The half-Ecuadorian singer’s powerhouse vocals will open the film due out in theaters March 16.
Christina Aguilera is returning to her Latin roots.
The Voice coach appears on the soundtrack for Will Ferrell’s telenova inspired film, Casa de Mi Padre, released digitally on Tuesday. The film itself is due out on March 17.
Aguilera’s flamenco inspired track, which opens the film, features Spanish guitars, brass trumpets and most importantly, synthesizer-free vocals. Casa marks the singer’s first true return to Spanish-language singing since her contribution to the Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights soundtrack, “El Beso Del Final,” in 2004. Her most recent album, Bionic, included the Spanglish track “Desnudate.”
The half-Ecuadorian superstar previously released a full-length Spanish version of her debut album in 2000, titled Mi Reflejo, and went on to win the Latin Grammy for best female pop vocal album.
Listen to her latest song below. Aguilera can currently be seen on NBC’s The Voice, pitting her team of vocalists against others coached by Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green. The Voice currently airs Mondays at 8 p.m., with live shows scheduled to begin in April.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot In Music
- Hippie Blues: 45 Years of Led Zeppelin
- Music Turns Me on: A Conversation With the Hot Band Dopapod
- Ira Sachs' New Film "Love is Strange" Screens at the Deauville American Film Festival: Alfred Molina and John Lithgow as a Married Couple in Love
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Contestant Alfonso Ribeiro Proves Carlton Still Got It
- Lupita Nyong'o Visits 'Sesame Street' and It's All Kinds of Adorable (VIDEO)
- What Every '90s Kid Needs to See in the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot
- What's On TV Tonight: 'The Mindy Project' and 'New Girl' Season Premieres, 'Sons of Anarchy,' and More Picks
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kim Coates Says the Final Season Is 'Full Out, Full Throttle, Wiping Everybody Out'