Latin Christina Aguilera Track Featured on Will Ferrell's 'Casa de Mi Padre' Soundtrack (Audio)
The half-Ecuadorian singer’s powerhouse vocals will open the film due out in theaters March 16.
Christina Aguilera is returning to her Latin roots.
The Voice coach appears on the soundtrack for Will Ferrell’s telenova inspired film, Casa de Mi Padre, released digitally on Tuesday. The film itself is due out on March 17.
Aguilera’s flamenco inspired track, which opens the film, features Spanish guitars, brass trumpets and most importantly, synthesizer-free vocals. Casa marks the singer’s first true return to Spanish-language singing since her contribution to the Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights soundtrack, “El Beso Del Final,” in 2004. Her most recent album, Bionic, included the Spanglish track “Desnudate.”
The half-Ecuadorian superstar previously released a full-length Spanish version of her debut album in 2000, titled Mi Reflejo, and went on to win the Latin Grammy for best female pop vocal album.
Listen to her latest song below. Aguilera can currently be seen on NBC’s The Voice, pitting her team of vocalists against others coached by Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green. The Voice currently airs Mondays at 8 p.m., with live shows scheduled to begin in April.
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot In Music
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Julianne Hough Snaps Selfies With Former DWTS Partner Helio Castroneves
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!